PDA

View Full Version : 450r vs Hybrid comparison?

kazpr
09-10-2006, 01:57 AM
Just really curious what differences I would notice between the two? I am thinking of selling my 450r and going the hybrid way since I dont race mx only ride Mx tracks and the Dunes. My 450r now is std. travel and the hybrid of course would be long travel.
Any help would be great thanks

bwamos
09-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Coolness factor.

09-11-2006, 09:51 AM
well if you put a stock yfz against a yfz with a stock yz450f motor in it the hybrid would smoke the yfz.

Quad motors are tuned down to make them more rider frendly compaired to a full mx motor like hybrids.

The 450r motor is know were nere close to the crf450 motor. 2 totaly differant motors.

Jersey450R
09-11-2006, 09:56 AM
thats funny, i was riding with a yfz hybrid and 3 crf hybrids yesterday and we were neck and neck all day, not faster that me!

09-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
thats funny, i was riding with a yfz hybrid and 3 crf hybrids yesterday and we were neck and neck all day, not faster that me!

what you meen?

stocktires
09-11-2006, 07:49 PM

Its either motor work done to your TRX or skill advantage, for sure. I'm pretty sure I've seen you quad, and its no where near stock.

duneflyer1
09-14-2006, 11:31 PM
my completely stock crf hybrid smokes all the TRX's around here. I have a friend that has LOTs done(hi-comp. piston, cam, port n polish, carb mod, intake mod, etc) to his trx and just barely beats me.

stocktires
09-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by duneflyer1
my completely stock crf hybrid smokes all the TRX's around here. I have a friend that has LOTs done(hi-comp. piston, cam, port n polish, carb mod, intake mod, etc) to his trx and just barely beats me.

Sounds about right. All 04-05 TRX's have very low compression, horrible cams, and small carbs. The newer TRX's are better, but still nothing like a CRF.

ckasper18
09-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I have a houser hybrid built for the dunes i am looking to trade for another production quad everything is chromed and red anodized it has a gold nettalflake powdercoated frame it comes with -3 and -1 swingarms these are no link swingarms right now it has a plus 4 chrome swingarm has a 03 crf motor fullbore plastic rossier pipe um design air box gt thunder radiator chrome gas tank cover skat trak dune tires elka rear and fox fronts this quad was in sand addiction magazine and is also on atvconnection,com under dune tales i will try to post pics of quad soon if interested.............Chris

jrspawn
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM

Well, either you have alot of motor work, or the crf's are on there last leg:D A good running crf450 should eat a trx up. Out of the box the crf engine is about as potent as an engine can get really, im not a big fan of them, but they put out some serious horsepower. And also if you were on a track, rider skill comes into factor also. I run a YZ450f enigne in one of my race quads now and i manage to get around the track pretty decent:D Its even been know to eat up and spit out production quads:eek2:

Thank you
Justin