PDA

View Full Version : 2007 AMA Mini Quad Classes???

Logan #34's Dad
09-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Does anyone have the inside scoop on how our mini's are going to be divided up into classes for 2007? I've heard the AMA is going to have CVT classes for 50's, 70's, 90's and separate "shifter" class for the same cc's. I'd like to know before I spend money on something. Thanks

dodgepower
09-10-2006, 05:14 AM
Logans Dad,

I am in the same boat. They will probably just wait till two weeks before the new year then announce it.

MadSea862
09-10-2006, 12:54 PM
LogansDad#34

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. And if you pull up to the track and the class sheet says their split....still question it.:) :) :)

please keep in mind that although your local district follows the rules and regulations of the AMA, your local district does have the power to run classes in a manner to which is in the best interest of the riders their safety, and what's in the best interest for the district. Meaning just because the ATVA runs their classes a certain way does not mean that the district will necessarily follow suit, and vise versa.

Example: Read over the rules that the NEATV has put out. They set up their series in a manner which was suitable to their riders, and they have a healthy turn out week after week.

Hang in there, we're all (well maybe not all) in the same boat. Rules and machine approvals seem to have a way of changing after deadlines and sometimes even clean up to and even after the first gate drops at Glen Helen.
:) :D :D :D

i-zapp
09-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey rocky, how's Logan doing? bet he's itchin' to get back out on the track.

i too am interested in what the National rules will end up as. Zack was so blown away by round 14 (his first national) and had so much fun, we may be a doing alot more in 07.

class turnout is an issue, and so is competitive fairness. we had 16 in 70 Pro, but you might just call it the cobra class. i think it's killing the aftermarket industry for cvts, and it must also be turning away lots of wannabe national racers on aircooled cvts that just can't pony up 8 grand for an entry level class.

i for one would like to see the class divided by air vs liquid cooling. but i wouldnt balk at cvt-only either. WPSA and/or ATVA would be wise to put some serious, unbiased, thought into this soon so we can get to work preparing for next year! if not, karting looks pretty interesting...

Logan #34's Dad
09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey George! Heard Zack-man did well in Ky. Even beat the "local" cobra rider. I bet his wonderful dad was happy!:devil:
As far as Logan, His leg is healing and we started rehab today so it should start getting stronger. Doc says he'll be able to wrestle this season (2 1/2 months away). Mom and grandparents say he is done racing but he argues with them all! That's my boy! He accually wants to race at our county fair the 18th, he says he could win without using the rear foot brake! Whatever! Don't know where he gets that cockyness!! :D
Reference classes in '07, I would like them to keep it simple and just separate cvt and any type of shifter. I wonder if they will make a ruling on cc levels for the 4 strokes in the 70 class. Our 2 strokes will eventually be phased out ya know! About a 105cc four stroke be equal?
See ya, Rocky