PDA

View Full Version : What will the PS3 gor for.....

ELewandowski
09-09-2006, 06:50 PM
...on ebay. What do you guys think it will go for on ebay the day after its release? I am thinking at least over 1k. There will be 2 models, one at 500 and the other at 600. So I'm thinking at least double. Whats your guess?

theTman
09-09-2006, 06:52 PM
:o im fine with my PS2

brapbrap13
09-09-2006, 06:54 PM
i was thinking off buying one then selling it. my brother was gunna go 50/50 with me. but then i was affraid that wouldnt happen after the whole x box 360 deal. i figured they would have it all undercontroll.

honduh440
09-09-2006, 06:57 PM
im buying one regardless for myself but if they are going for twice the value im selling it for sure.

ELewandowski
09-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
im buying one regardless for myself but if they are going for twice the value im selling it for sure.

Same here, I am pre-ordering mine, and if I see 1200+ prices on ebay, Its gone.

TRX23rider
09-09-2006, 06:59 PM
stupid question but why do they sell for so much on ebay? is it becasue they run out in the stores?

brapbrap13
09-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by TRX23rider
stupid question but why do they sell for so much on ebay? is it becasue they run out in the stores?

for the morons that dont pre-order and have to much money and are spoiled.

mx428
09-09-2006, 07:13 PM
There are only 400,000 consoles being released and sold in the USA, the demand will be huge.

You probably heard the news already, but in case you missed it you can check it out here. Sony announced today it won’t be able to launch the PlayStation 3 simultaneously around the world as it originally promised, postponing the launch of the console in PAL territories (Europe, Russia, Middle East, Africa and Oceania) until March, 2007.

This is not just another console delay. Here, we are talking about the world's second largest consumer electronics manufacturer delaying its next-generation console for a second time in a key territory such as Europe.

The reason? A problem with the production of the blue laser diodes required for the Blu-ray Disc optical drive. So, in other words, the console is getting delayed because of the irrational idea of using the console to impose a next-generation DVD format. That’s what gamers and PlayStation fans need to know.

If there was a model with a standard DVD drive, the PlayStation 3 could have shipped over a year ago, and gone head to head with the Xbox 360. Now, because of Sony’s ill-timed strategy, the console manufacturer that was the solid leader in the previous generation is running behind both Microsoft and Nintendo worldwide.

But the real question is, how does this postponed release in PAL territories affect Sony and above all the PlayStation 3?

Ken Kutaragi told Reuters earlier today that he doesn’t think “this time delay will cause serious damage to our PS3 business." He’s right, it might not cause a serious damage; it might simply kill the PlayStation business forever.

The Xbox 360 will be in its second year on the market while Nintendo will flood the market with its cheap, innovative approach to gaming. That means it will be hard for Sony to sell such an expensive console to gamers who either spent their money on Gears of War and Forza 2, purchased a Wii, or upgraded their Xbox 360 with HD DVD capabilities.

The only good thing out of this scandal is that with only 400,000 units for Noth America and 100,000 consoles for Japan, we’ll never know before next year if the PlayStation 3 sold poorly because of its high price or its scarce stock.

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1725/PlayStation-3-Worldwide-Launch-PostPWNED/p1

ELewandowski
09-09-2006, 07:14 PM
yep, I just read that in psm. I am hoping to get a pre-order. If not I will wait till next year to pick one up.