PDA

View Full Version : Reversed tires

jayman
09-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Has any one on this site tried this? I am having a problem with my LTR pushing in the corners with the stock tires. Has any experienced the same problem and if so did you reverse the thread design. I did this today but havent been able to try it out. Let me know if any of you have done this and if it helped.
Thanks.

manban
09-10-2006, 12:36 AM
I saw a post in ********.com that this should not be done because of a directional arrow on the front tires. My guess is that you need to adjust your ride sag & lag on your suspension...look for a sticky on this also! seems like the front suspension is to stiff .... did you read up on all ltr tests in the mags that the shocks are to be loosen up on the preloaded springs especially the front. I just got back from riding today and realized that my rear spring was let out too much. :eek2: was bottoming out . iam 162 lbs....

jayman
09-10-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by manban
I saw a post in ********.com that this should not be done because of a directional arrow on the front tires. My guess is that you need to adjust your ride sag & lag on your suspension...look for a sticky on this also! seems like the front suspension is to stiff .... did you read up on all ltr tests in the mags that the shocks are to be loosen up on the preloaded springs especially the front. I just got back from riding today and realized that my rear spring was let out too much. :eek2: was bottoming out . iam 162 lbs....

I am also 160lbs, I too adjusted the compresion and rebound in the front and rear but did not do anything with the springs themselves. So you are saying to loosen them up completely? ps I am a member overthere as well :D

manban
09-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I actually had to tighten my rear preload on my spring . I had the dealer let it out and it was to soft ... I will be doing the stuff in that article I sent you tomorrow!