PDA

View Full Version : Started my rebuild

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Started my rebuild today. Here is what it looked like before.

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Here is how it sits now.

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Found a crack here.

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Here...This one goes 3/4 the way around the tubing.

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:50 PM
And here...This one goes half way around the swingarm. I found these and it hasnt even been sandblasted to find more yet :mad: . This is only from 1 year of mx racing.

300ex_#387
09-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I should have it down to the bare frame tomorrow. This rebuild is going to take a little less than 2 months. My dedline is november 4th for the first arenacross race.

hardkoratvmxr
09-09-2006, 07:54 PM
i had both the first crack pic and second crack pic in my first 3 races this year. welded them both up and ended up getting a new frame anyway. you dont know anyone who wants to buy a 300 do you stremme

Sjorge450R
09-10-2006, 05:57 AM
heres what I did to help prevent that one really bad part from breaking.

300ex_#387
09-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
i had both the first crack pic and second crack pic in my first 3 races this year. welded them both up and ended up getting a new frame anyway. you dont know anyone who wants to buy a 300 do you stremme

I'm assuming that second crack might just break again unless I put a gusset on it. Its just about cracked all the way around. Its kind of a weird place for one I think. Charlie not sure if I know anyone who wants on, but they always sell better locally. Bring it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff.

300ex_#387
09-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
heres what I did to help prevent that one really bad part from breaking.

Yeah that looks like what were going to have to do. I can't imagine how many cracks i'm going to see when we sandblast it. I never really said what all I was doing to it, but basically its getting the works A arms, axle, gusset and powdercoat, Haven't decided what were going for with the motor I'm still doing some searching deciding what I want.

SidewaysSam
09-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Good luck with the project stremme. Im not sure about when the arenax races start for sure. Hopefully its not the 4th, i already have plans for that day. The site isnt updated yet for the 06-07 season. And i think you should just leave the motor stock...unless you want to join the crowd of those with big motors getting killed by little ol me. Just kiddin man good luck with the rebuild.

300ex_#387
09-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by SidewaysSam
Good luck with the project stremme. Im not sure about when the arenax races start for sure. Hopefully its not the 4th, i already have plans for that day. The site isnt updated yet for the 06-07 season. And i think you should just leave the motor stock...unless you want to join the crowd of those with big motors getting killed by little ol me. Just kiddin man good luck with the rebuild.

I won't go to crazy with the motor. I will be legal though. I already went into travco and talked to gerald about a few things. Right now i'm pretty sure we have to replace the frame, swingarm, axle, a arms and the stem. Racing is hard on this thing lol. I only thought it was on the 4th because that is what your site says. I hope its later too I need more time lol.

SidewaysSam
09-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Ya my dates are only tentative. I just went with those dates for the arenax events cause thats what they were the prev. year. First race last year was in Sturgis, first Sat of Nov. Dont know if it will be the same this year or not.

fast300ex59
09-13-2006, 06:21 PM
man my frame crack at the same places were yours did i just redid my frame

300ex_#387
09-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by fast300ex59
man my frame crack at the same places were yours did i just redid my frame

Yeah were having mine welded, and gusseted next week. Any ideas on a color for the frames powdercoat? I also need a new swingarm. That thing had so many cracks in it I don't see how it stayed together. Anyone know a good cheap extended one? I might just go ahead and buy another stock one, but there pretty weak if you ask me.

fast300ex59
09-13-2006, 06:42 PM
have your frame powercoat with chrome first then get another coat of any color put on top of the chrome and it will come out nice

kyleschonert
09-13-2006, 07:03 PM
what you talkin about sammie? you ate my dust half this summer. lol. just playin man. I hope that isnt the date either. We wont get done until playoffs until late November. (hopefully). We've got a GREAT team this year and are working very hard to make it to the Carpet. (Champaign, IL). Weve got a good chance to. We should win conference. Im not gettin big headed. But weve got the heart, talent, and determination this year to make it all happen. But Stremme, good luck with your build. And I prob. wont race against you in the ArenaXross this year. Were gonna be gettin an LTR here before to long. And my dad may race some arenaxrosses on the ol 330. But if he races begginer. I may hop on it just to get some seat time in. We wont have Minor to deal with. he moved up to a 450. Just Darnell, Little Minor, Sam (psh)lol, and that Yasmin Adams punk. And he wont race the whole series. so it shouldnt be to bad this year. Good luck on the build man. See you guys later. And good luck selling yours charlie.

300ex_#387
09-14-2006, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
what you talkin about sammie? you ate my dust half this summer. lol. just playin man. I hope that isnt the date either. We wont get done until playoffs until late November. (hopefully). We've got a GREAT team this year and are working very hard to make it to the Carpet. (Champaign, IL). Weve got a good chance to. We should win conference. Im not gettin big headed. But weve got the heart, talent, and determination this year to make it all happen. But Stremme, good luck with your build. And I prob. wont race against you in the ArenaXross this year. Were gonna be gettin an LTR here before to long. And my dad may race some arenaxrosses on the ol 330. But if he races begginer. I may hop on it just to get some seat time in. We wont have Minor to deal with. he moved up to a 450. Just Darnell, Little Minor, Sam (psh)lol, and that Yasmin Adams punk. And he wont race the whole series. so it shouldnt be to bad this year. Good luck on the build man. See you guys later. And good luck selling yours charlie.

Your also forgetting westall, longbons, that number 10 250f, and steber....lol. They all told me there running it too. Hope you like the LTR. You guys want to part out a few things on the ol 330? lol I'm in serious need of a swingarm, and axle. We thought we had a good football team...we won by over 20 our first 2 games then the third one we went into the half 33-12 winning then lost it 34-33. O well hope to see you at Arenacross....be sure to let me know when they start if you figure it out.

kyleschonert
09-14-2006, 05:06 PM
longbons will be backed up at the shop, and taht kid on the 250f doesnt know how to ride. And if you get in front of steber you'll beat him. Cant say anything about westhall though. lol. But i think were gonna keep the bike whole, if not, I'll let oyu know.

300ex_#387
09-14-2006, 05:37 PM
longbons will be backed up at the shop, and taht kid on the 250f doesnt know how to ride. And if you get in front of steber you'll beat him. Cant say anything about westhall though. lol. But i think were gonna keep the bike whole, if not, I'll let oyu know.

Me and #10 got into it both motos at Carmi, and I haven't really liked him since. The next race at Xenia he told me these exact words..."I don't care if I hit you, my DADDY will pay for the parts I break." O well..maybe he was j/k. Anyway really all I want is your swingarm. Thats alright if you dont want to do It I just remember you guys had a stock one and didn't know if you wanted a little extra money you can swap em and Ill take that swingarm off your hands. Hope you get that LTR...I haven't got to ride one yet.

kyleschonert
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
i just talked to my dad and he said that were gonna keep it whole b/c he wants to ride it in the vet class b/c we have a yellow LTR on the way :D. Im just ready for football to get over now. lol. But if anything changes and we part out, i'll let you know. Im glad i dont have to race against that little punk anymore. I never liked him from the beginning. I dont pay for all of my stuff. But im not spoiled like him. And i dont ask for it, my dad asks me. But yea, good luck with your build man. I hope your fram holds up. And we still have that Sparks pipe, we may sell it and let someone else deal with it. Its still useable, you'll just have to weld onto an existing header. But i gotta go, long drive for the game at freakin Rantoul tom. night. later.

300ex_#387
09-15-2006, 05:45 AM
i just talked to my dad and he said that were gonna keep it whole b/c he wants to ride it in the vet class b/c we have a yellow LTR on the way :D. Im just ready for football to get over now. lol. But if anything changes and we part out, i'll let you know. Im glad i dont have to race against that little punk anymore. I never liked him from the beginning. I dont pay for all of my stuff. But im not spoiled like him. And i dont ask for it, my dad asks me. But yea, good luck with your build man. I hope your fram holds up. And we still have that Sparks pipe, we may sell it and let someone else deal with it. Its still useable, you'll just have to weld onto an existing header. But i gotta go, long drive for the game at freakin Rantoul tom. night. later.

Sweet, when is the LTR coming? I wonder since me and Sterchi are losing competition what will show up this year at arenacross lol. We have other plans with my pipe. If all goes well its getting shortened and taking all the dents out.

swampfoxsc
09-15-2006, 08:44 AM
Can you guys post a larger picture so I can see where these cracks occurred or post a pic of a frame and circle the locations? Thanks.

300ex_#387
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by swampfoxsc
Can you guys post a larger picture so I can see where these cracks occurred or post a pic of a frame and circle the locations? Thanks.

Yeah I can get some pics sometime this week....

Quadrider12
09-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Where did you get your rear fenders from, and don't they usually come with spots for the number plates to go in?

300ex_#387
09-15-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Quadrider12
Where did you get your rear fenders from, and don't they usually come with spots for the number plates to go in?

I got the fenders from Maier. There called Low Profile, and they come endented where the rear number plates go. Most fenders don't have that.

300ex_#387
09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Here are you pictures. This one cracked pretty bad almost all the way around. Its right under the shock mount, you can see a line thats where the crack is.

300ex_#387
09-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Here is another its above the shock mount you can see a line across the frame. I think why they crack so easy there is because there is a weld for a bolt hole and it starts there. My other side is starting to do it to so i'm assuming thats it.

YAZ43
09-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I look forward to the competition guys. I'll see you at Arenaxross.
Yaz #43

kyleschonert
09-16-2006, 12:23 AM
you looked pretty good this summer at the nationals yazmin. (sp). Good luck at the arenaxrosses

kyleschonert
09-16-2006, 12:24 AM
and stremme, the LTR should be here anytime this next week i think. How did Olney do tonight?? We beat Rantoul 56-20. I think. lol. It was a waste of time. We had 35 points at the end of the first half. But im gonna get to bed. Keep us updated. Later.

300ex_#387
09-16-2006, 08:23 AM
and stremme, the LTR should be here anytime this next week i think. How did Olney do tonight?? We beat Rantoul 56-20. I think. lol. It was a waste of time. We had 35 points at the end of the first half. But im gonna get to bed. Keep us updated. Later.

We were tied 27-27 last night wih 1:30 to go when I stopped listening. I will figure out and let you know. I wont have much updated for 2 or 3 weeks when stuff starts getting sent out and parts start coming in. Its basically all going to happen at once.

SidewaysSam
09-18-2006, 10:55 AM
with 20 sec left in regulation, salem QB fired a 33 yard bomb into the endzone to break the 27-27 deadlock. Salem won by 6

kyle, were expecting pics THE EXACT DAY you get your new toy

kyleschonert
09-18-2006, 05:54 PM
lol. I will be sure to do that sammie ol boy. Expecting later this week. Hopefully tom. or weds. But i donno. I just wish football was over now. lol. Later.

SidewaysSam
09-18-2006, 07:27 PM
so towards the end of racing season it is "i cant wait for football" now 3 games in its "i wish it was over" whats up mr senior superstar? getting soft in your old age? haha

kyleschonert
09-18-2006, 07:36 PM
lol. I just wanna ride this beast, and im the coaches b*tch and al i do is block and dont even get a pass thrown my way. its freakin dumb. Our tight end which runs alot slower 40 than me and cant catch near as well as me gets more passes thrown to him. It just pisses me off. lol. Plus, i block my ***** off all game for my backs, and they hardly say a thing. But if i didnt block, on certain plays, i could easily let someone ruin their career. lol. But im not evil. lol. Just got news that it will be in on wednesday to e-ville, and not lousiville like we expected. CANT WAIT!!! :D dad also ordered a DASA pipe and cherrybomb and we are trying to find the best deal for nerfs, but its tough inbetween that and homework. lol. your gonna have to make it down for a game sometime sammie, vincennes in i think 3 weeks, i think. It should be a good one. If we beat them and jasper, which were gonna, we will be the first team in Mt. Carmel to win a Big 8 Conference. Its gonna be fun. Even though i dont do anything. haha. (N)

kyleschonert
09-20-2006, 07:21 PM
its heeeeerrrrreeeee :D

300ex_#387
09-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Gussets are installed.

300ex_#387
09-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Frame gets sandblasted next weekend.

300ex_#387
09-24-2006, 02:59 PM
And gets powdercoated the weekend after that.

300ex_#387
09-24-2006, 03:01 PM