PDA

View Full Version : Attica tommorow... Yay!!

700bRad
09-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Me and my group are going to attica tommorrow. Were getting there when the gate opens. Were pulling a horse trailer with a Black 660r w/ red hood, Red 400ex, Blue 700r, and Black 300ex. Feel free to approach were all a good group of guys but ya probably cant hang! j/k :D

700bRad
09-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Im going to hillshoot "The One" So feel free to come spectate. My buddy tried it last trip and barely made it, but when he hit the first lip he stalled out and had to rekick it. My heart was pumping just watching him. Good think I have fuel Injection ;)

700bRad
09-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Well I did it. Biggest most straight up and down hill at the badlands. We went up to see if they had put the ropes up to prevent peeps from climbing it and they didnt. First 2 runs I hit it in second and the 3rd and 4th I tried it in third. Made it with no problems. I just about **** my pants everytime but WOW what an adrenaline rush. Me and my buddies hung around that wall for along time and although alot of people were watching us climb it nobody tried it that day. Got alot of questions like "is it really that bad?" and "Is it as scary as everyone says it is?" Just gotta grow a set and man up! Cause it isnt that bad really. Just gotta have the momentum.

firefighterjosh
09-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Were is this hill at? I might have already attemped it lol.

Raptor68
09-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Ya, I'm wondering the same thing. Where at the Badlands is this hill located? I live 30 minutes from the Badlands and have been there dozens of times and have never heard anyone mention "The One". :confused:

700bRad
09-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Me and my friends call it the "The One" Because its the one that is roped off half the time to prevent people from climbing it. Ok you go past the offices where you pay and register then follow the road down into the lower parking lot at the T road take a left and go all the way down to the last sand wall on the right. Next to it is a huge horse shoe and next to the horse shoe is a huge *** rutted out hillclimb that nobody has done in a long time (Worse then "The One" Across from the "The One" is another dune that you can start on top of to get enough moment to hit the one. There are 2 bowls on top of the sand dune across from it. "The One" is the tallest hill at attica and it drops off into a woods when you get to the top, it has a very nasty lip at the top and you have to let off immediatly or you will launch yourself about 6 floors off the other side into the woods. At the very top it has a Yellow caution sign Hanging over the lip and they use orange construction fence to block off the top sometimes. I think somebody launched off the edge of that bad boy one time? Try it next time you go, its a rush.

shaff107
09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
If u guys think you are hill climbers then the next time you head to attica PM me and ill be up their with a couple guys who have made most of the nasty hill there ... i have been riding there since they opened!

there are some him in the back that are far worse and more steep then any of the hill out in the open by the sand ... !

heck i jump down some of the ones ...... and i GO BIG!

700bRad
09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Nice pic. Done that before :blah: Ill take ya up on the invitation. Sometime in October we will be going back so ill hit ya up with a PM. Would be nice to get our riding groups together. It would be interesting to see if yall could hang with us in some follow the leader or something.... Were the group that smokes the dealership sponsored fools :devil: And we all go just as big. Would be cool to ride together.

shaff107
09-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Thats funny .... hey not puttin ya down or anything but attcia sponsor's us and they said they have never seen anyone do some of the things we do up there on a quad.

Im just a woods racer ... no mxer here ...

but my buddy on the other hand ....

ERIC Jensen remember that name cuz he will climb anything or jump anything that is possible!

They even built him a freestyle down ramp for his freestyle ramp

700bRad
09-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I dont Mx either, not a big fan. Just a trail racer and hillclimber in a rogue riding organization. Ill remember Eric Jenson if you remember Chad Sailors cause my buddy is im sure just as crazy. LOL not to make this a contest. Just trying to find some people out there that ride like us, so our group can grow. Not alot of hardcore white knuckle riders out there anymore..... Ill just put it this way... If you can hang with us, your an extremely awsome rider.

shaff107
09-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry dude just dont believe ya! have fun with what ever u think that your doing....

PM me when your ready to show'n how to ride!

700bRad
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey man dont get upset. I wasnt meaning to dis u or make this a "Im a better rider then you are" thread. Just statin the facts.

jacksongncc450
09-13-2006, 05:31 PM
HaHa now boys we need to calm down

jacksongncc450
09-13-2006, 05:35 PM
All I got to say Shaff is watch out for the guy on the 300ex he might take it to the next level.haha

700bRad
09-13-2006, 06:20 PM
Thats one of my buddies play bikes, has 3k in it. But we only take it off the trailer when we feel like tearing something up. We also use it as a backup bike incase one of us breaks down.

cgkurt
09-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Lets see some pics of "the one". And you and your friends flying high. Come on lets see.........."The One".

700bRad
09-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Everyone needs to calm down and http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j207/YFZbrad/til_fishystick.jpg

firefighterjosh
09-17-2006, 09:57 PM
I know "the one" I seen it roped off. It had a no trespassin sign I think lol. We were like OMG!!!! It looked hard, but didn't look like the biggest hill there. I think I might walk up it next time I am there

700bRad
09-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Next time ur up there, try it. Hit it in 3rd gear. I agree it looks wicked. Just try to carry alot of wheel spin all the way up. All us Indiana boys need to get together and go to Attica sometime.

firefighterjosh
09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 700bRad
Next time ur up there, try it. Hit it in 3rd gear. I agree it looks wicked. Just try to carry alot of wheel spin all the way up. All us Indiana boys need to get together and go to Attica sometime.

I might need to put the banshee back together then. The 400 just isn't the best hillclimber around. The banshee was awesome though

shaff107
09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
Every hill there was climbed with 400ex's josh right before the 450's came out .....

ckasper18
09-19-2006, 08:42 AM
How about some Wisconsin boys no talk just show

700bRad
09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Yea, dont see anything wrong with using a 400 for hill shooting the hills at attica. And Wisconsin is fine w/ me. I have alot of family there. Go Pack, go bucks, go brewers, go badgers.

shaff107
09-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Where do ya live in wisconsin .... i have to go up there soon Joe @ Rossier has my race motor up there finish up some testing and new 04/05 exhuasts ..

firefighterjosh
09-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
Every hill there was climbed with 400ex's josh right before the 450's came out .....

I just prefer my banshee for hill climbing. Also I have only had the 400 for about 3 months:scary:

Taz14racer
09-23-2006, 10:24 AM
i think i now wat ur hill ur talkin bout me and my friend were just there not to long ago we hit several times with out any problems it is pretty freaky climb all of them hills out there

we saw a nice Y w/ like 10000 in it and he stalled nd at the top and tried backing sdown then it rolled a few times and it was toast

jensenracing77
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM
lol! i was doing a search and found this thread. Shaff, thanks for the comments. i never had a computer back then, not to mention know that stuff like this was on the net.