PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525 on the way!

RIDER11X
09-09-2006, 04:09 PM
Just saw news of this! A KTM 525 motor in the Outlaw ought to scream! I can't wait to try one out! That motor is super powerful in the bikes, so this does sound very promising.

RIDER11X
09-09-2006, 04:15 PM
FASTEST ACCELERATING STOCK QUAD.

OUTLAW 525 FEATURES

COMING SPRING 2007!
Race-proven KTM-powered 510cc engine
Most torque in its class
395 lb Dry Weight
5-speed manual gearbox
Handlebar mounted reverse
PRO IRS with 10" of travel and 11" of ground clearance
Solid-link torsion bar for crisp handling
Rear A-Arms with needle bearing for precise movement.
Braided steel brake lines
Dual-bore caliper brakes (front)
Maxxis RAZR-R Radial tires on premium aluminum rims
Hydraulic manual clutch
Colors: Black

kc8pnd
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
:)

Evasiveone
09-10-2006, 11:22 AM
What is the latest on how availability is going to be???

I originally heard that each dealership would be allowed 3 on the first shipment. Of course these will probably be impossible for the average Joe Blow to get.

I was trying to decide between the Raptor 700 and the Outlaw. But once they announced the 525 it became a no brainer decision.

So how long of a wait before an average joe can buy one at a dealership??

kc8pnd
09-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Somewhere in next spring ~ mid summer? Talk to chadhix, he has a dealership here in ohio and said they are getting 3 aswell.

GE4x4
09-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I've been hearing Dec -Jan for 1st shipments. They need to get them out sooner then the did the Outlaw 500 last year before race season. Many only had a month or less after they got one before 1st race.

CHADHIX
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
When I ordered the 525 Outlaws at my store, The earliest they could show up would be Jan. I have been watching my shipping order online and it looks more like Feb before I see one. They are going to be very limited on the first run. We are a level one dealer and I only get two initially. We will probably get Stephanies machines for her way before we get ours. I cant wait untill she gets on that new beast, watch out!!!:)

Evasiveone
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
After your initial shipment of your 2 bikes how long before you expect to be able to get more in and will you still be limited on how many you will receive???

smokinwrench
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I was told more then likey end of February for the only unit my Polaris dealer is getting. It will be mine unless something wierd or terrible happens.

CHADHIX
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
I do my next ordering program at the end of feb. I was told I would be able to order more than two of them then. I sure hope so as I gets calls about them daily! They are just very limited the first run as they are still fine tuning them now. That is what is keeping the team riders from getting them. The photos shown of the 525 is one of only three production machines built at that time. I am sure they we be perfect when they come out in full production. The 06 Outlaw has been great to everyone that races them out of our store this year. Sure I have seen some of them have problems,but nothing bigger than bushings and bearings common to people that race hard, by the way Polaris took care of! I am currently in second place overall this season in my series on my Outlaw, so maybe next year I will be on top on my new machine.

RIDER11X
09-11-2006, 01:53 AM
IRS sport quads are long overdue IMO, so I'm really glad to see Polaris persuing this avenue the way they are. The Outlaws will quite possibly set the new standard for XC Race machines in the near future. The KTM 525 is a proven race motor, that will be an eye opener in the Outlaw. The USEABLE power it makes is unreal! :eek2:

TYLER329
09-11-2006, 07:32 AM
I so badly want to see the 525 destroy the Jap quads. When I placed our Polaris order they would only give us 1 and it will come in late Jan early Feb. It will be mine! I only weigh 140 with all of my gear on so shaving off the weight is huge to me, plus more power!!!!!!! Next year will be my first year in the B class in the Iowa series. I won my first race on the Outlaw this year in the C class so hopefully i can keep that going!!

RIDER11X
09-11-2006, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by TYLER329
I so badly want to see the 525 destroy the Jap quads. When I placed our Polaris order they would only give us 1 and it will come in late Jan early Feb. It will be mine! I only weigh 140 with all of my gear on so shaving off the weight is huge to me, plus more power!!!!!!! Next year will be my first year in the B class in the Iowa series. I won my first race on the Outlaw this year in the C class so hopefully i can keep that going!!

WHOA! What is the beef with Japenese quads? Do you not realize that the very site you are posting on WAS EXRIDERS.COM??? This site was formed for riders of the 300ex and 400ex. :rolleyes: C'mon now, no need to bash. Actually, your Outlaws wouldn't be what they are without the compitition from the japanese quads, that by the way are mostly made here in the USA now.....:p

MentalState
09-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Just hope they fix all the loose ends with the quad..Not just drop a new motor in it...

Sway arm issues(needs to be beefed up and add more zerks)
Rear rim issues(not big enough to clean rocks out need 10inch)
Seat issues( grommits going south and seat going north)
Plastic rubbing radiator issues
Hardware missmatch issues

RIDER11X
09-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by MentalState
Just hope they fix all the loose ends with the quad..Not just drop a new motor in it...

Hardware missmatch issues

The hardware mismatch is a common Polaris issue, and after all of these years, you would think that issue would be long gone!!!:mad: SAE or Metric....Pick one Polaris! The last one I worked on was around a 1998 model, but somehow I figured they stopped that by now.:rolleyes:

MentalState
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
IMO these are minor issues but easily enough to remedy...Polaris just needs to step it up a bit more with fit and finnish....

bradley300
09-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
The hardware mismatch is a common Polaris issue, and after all of these years, you would think that issue would be long gone!!!:mad: SAE or Metric....Pick one Polaris! The last one I worked on was around a 1998 model, but somehow I figured they stopped that by now.:rolleyes:

lol, my 06 pred tld is sae, metric and torx! i hate that!

TYLER329
09-12-2006, 06:03 AM
All I am saying is that everybody has a jap quad. I don't care if it is a Polaris, ATK, or KTM it would just me cool to see something else win. It's just more fun to root for the underdog i guess.

MentalState
09-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by TYLER329
All I am saying is that everybody has a jap quad. I don't care if it is a Polaris, ATK, or KTM it would just me cool to see something else win. It's just more fun to root for the underdog i guess.

Agreed...Thats why always buy the quad no one else is running...I like to be out of the norm...

katch26
09-12-2006, 08:27 AM
not even a jap quad thing with me but the honda irritates me. I just ride what fits me the best but to a honda 450r owner its junk because its not a 450r. Honda has the best rider support program so that and the fact they flood the riding circuit with 450r people automatically assume that its the bike thats winning.