PDA

View Full Version : paypal fraud :(

NorCalRacer
09-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Paypal is fraudulent in the worst of ways. I will never use this company again. I am an ebay vendor with 97 feedbacks, 100 %positive. I am partners with a guy in Hungary that sells i-tunes accounts, once again, 100 % positive feedback. I have never had a complaint or anything of that nature. This morning I get an e-mail saying at their discretion they have frozen my account. When I asked why, they say they don't understand the i-tunes sales. I offer them documentation or say they can call apple, they say no, not their job, and even if it is legal they don't know about it so your account is closed and the money (about $1200) is paypal's now, and after 180 days they might give it back. They don't have a reason except "we don't understand"

My question is this, what police agency do I call to file a complaint. If this is legal,(paypal's BS tactics) it is still dishonest and I want to prosecute to the fullest:devil:

KiethShwiggy300
09-09-2006, 09:50 AM
it might be a fake email i get them all the time. Theres a way to tell if its fake i think its fake if the says like hello member and not your name it tells you on the paypal website

Aceman
09-09-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm no lawyer so I can't help you much. What gets me though is the fact they didn't just shut down your account and give you the money. They say "we don't understand" which really means "we think you're doing something illegal but can't figure out what so we better cover our a$ses by taking your money and not letting you profit from it." As much as I'd like to see you nail Paypal in court, I'm sure they have a room full of highly paid lawyers to use at their discretion. One man's lawyer against Paypal's, I think they'd win even if you were in the right. Not saying I wouldn't put up one hell of fight trying though.

NorCalRacer
09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Exactly, they think I am breaking a law but I'm not, so they steal all my money:rolleyes: ****ing thieves

NorCalRacer
09-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Just got off the phone with a sheriff... guess they can legally steal my money, nothing I can do about it:rolleyes:

I used to only use cash, nothing else. Back to that. If there is no accountability when someone steals 1k plus from someone I am never going to keep more than $50 in an account from now on, no matter what. You can't trust anybody these days, everyone is ****ing crooked:rolleyes: Time to go drain my bank accounts so I can put the money somewhere safe.

awsomeaussies
09-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Have you tried logging onto paypal? Cause I get alot of those emails too. Try logging in if you haven't and see what happens;)

NorCalRacer
09-09-2006, 11:10 AM
I called them, they said they froze my funds because of associated risks with what I was selling (i-tunes accounts). Even with documentation from apple to my partner and apples phone number, 100% customer satisfaction, they say it is risky for them so they can keep all my money. (A bunch of BS if you ask me, 100% customer satisfaction).
The itunes deal was great, my partner has a commercial account that can have multiple access. He sells $500 itunes account for about $150, and apple will even give customer support on the purchased music. Completely legal and very happy customers, but no more happy customers thanks to paypal, it was the best deal on ebay. I have no idea why they would freeze my funds and do no research at all, they would have made more money by allowing me to conduct business and collect the fees.
Oh well, I reported them to police and the BBB, maybe if enough people complain they will be prosecuted for fraud. I have pretty much written off the money as stolen and gone so I guess all I can do now is to warn others not to trust them, hopefully at least one person will avoid getting ripped off like me by reading this. It's going to take a week of busting *** to get al that bread back:eek2:

F-16Guy
09-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Welcome to Corporate America. There is no accountability or integrity. I think this country is headed for a major overhaul once us citizens wake up!! I've had similar "sorry, we can't do anything about it" experiences with almost every company I've done business with lately. What the hell happened to a handshake and your word??

bwamos
09-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Get a copy of your origional agreement from e-bay. read it carefully, then take it to a lawyer.

They are a large company. $1000 is NOTHING to them. Sue them, they will settle out of court, and jsut give you the money back. Happens every day with large corporations.

Do you actually think PayPal is going to pay 30 lawyers $100+ / hour to persue defending a lawsuit over $1000 dollars?

Trust me.. get a lawyer and persue a small claims case. You WILL get your money back.. even if you are wrong.

NorCalRacer
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
I am filing paperwork with the courts tomorrow. Paypal is doing this to several accounts right now. I bought a skid off ebay from a guy with %100 feedback a week ago and I asked for a refund because it didn't fit. He agreed, but said his paypal was no good anymore and he had to send a money order. Turns out they stole his money the exact same way, said he was risky than stole all his $$$. Paypal is nothing but a collection of professional thieves and one day will end up with several of it's executives behind bars with practices like these, what the hell is the world coming to:rolleyes:

quad2xtreme
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Get a copy of your origional agreement from e-bay. read it carefully, then take it to a lawyer.

They are a large company. $1000 is NOTHING to them. Sue them, they will settle out of court, and jsut give you the money back. Happens every day with large corporations.

Do you actually think PayPal is going to pay 30 lawyers $100+ / hour to persue defending a lawsuit over $1000 dollars?

Trust me.. get a lawyer and persue a small claims case. You WILL get your money back.. even if you are wrong.

Check with your local magistrate office. You might be able to file a case in small claims court. Perhaps you can prevent them from handling any transactions for someone in your county. The idea with big companies is to become a nuisance.

DieselBoy
09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow, I thought I'd read it all with ebay & paypal mishaps, ripoffs, and everything else. I'm finding it even more hard to trust large companies these days. Company's today won't take any liability or responsibility even when they are wrong in todays society...

theres never a moment. interesting stuff....