PDA

View Full Version : Quick race question

SnowFlake
09-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Hey i got a question.. im fomr northern NJ and i just found about the AGP series amd im really interested in it. I never raced before and i know i have to get my ATVA membership and that stuff before i start. If i do all of that, could i try to catch some of the last races before the season is over or is it too late? and i ride a 416ex and this would be my first time so what class would i run in, o im also 18yrs old. So if u could answer these questions it would be very helpfull.

thanks, pat

montycarlo
09-09-2006, 04:26 PM
ABSOLUTELY go racing!! :D It's no problem to jump in even at the last race. Most sanctioned races allow you to buy your ATVA at the event when you register. I've never heard of one that doesn't. If you've never raced before, start out in a beginner class, like C class. I'm not familiar with AGP structure because I live in Iowa. If you find out you're killin them dead you can always move up to A class for next year! :cool: Get your hands on the rules and make sure your quad is legal - make sure you have a functional tether kill switch. A 416ex is very competitive in XC racing don't worry about that. Get some races under your seat and then you'll know what you need to change!

Good luck!

SnowFlake
09-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks alot montycarlo that helped. and how many of you go to the races by yourself because my parents wont go and none of my friends want to go. So would it be a good idea if i went alone??

mxdad
09-10-2006, 04:30 AM
I agree you should hit a few this season and get the feel for them so you are ready to run a full series next year. I wouldn't worry about going alone either. There is usually a thread about each race before it happens and you will find other members that are heading that way and you will make new friends. Good luck out there!!!

SnowFlake
09-10-2006, 07:08 AM
alright thanks alot for the help

firefighterjosh
09-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Good Luck, Let us know how you do. I ussually race alone, my gf might go with me if she can get off work. I had a bad accident 1 year and my mom and dad hate to go. I had a friend that raced and he was very good but he quite. Now I have another friend who is going to try racing for his first time.

SnowFlake
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
o i just thought of something else. How do i get my numbers?

STEVENJANNA
09-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by SnowFlake
o i just thought of something else. How do i get my numbers?
My suggestion would be pick 2 numbers, buy a couple of number plates and enough numbers to make 2 sets of the 2 numbers you chose. When you sign up at the race you fill out whatever number you want then the person helping you with registration will tell you wether that number has already been taken. If you pick a number that has meaning to you (like you Bday or something) you should be OK. Stay away from low numbers like 1 - 20 and 69 (that's a popular number among the kids) and you should be alright.

johnsls
09-15-2006, 11:23 AM
SnowFlake, theres a WPSA event in Wildwood, Oct 13, 14, & 15

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna race this one too & it will be my first...I also know some other guys who are going too ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can visit this site which might help, I think it has a download for all the rules.

http://www.powersportstour.com/portalpak/default_RacerSite.asp?serverid=wsa06atv

STEVENJANNA
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh :huh
No John it's an AMA sanctioned event put on by the NJHRA (New Jersey Hot Rod Association)
The link is
http://www.njhra.com/moto.htm
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
See you later