PDA

View Full Version : Ga & Al racers, please help!!

dvx rider1
09-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Our regional series, Sequads, has had a severe drop off in attendance and we're looking at possibly not having a series of our own next year if things don't drastically improve now. We have a race on September 23rd at Monster Mountain so if there is ANY chance that you can make it, please do and BRING FRIENDS!!

Speaking from living in Ga and racing locally (Calhoun/Bremen) the bikes would like nothing more than for our quad-only series to fail and have to crawl back to them tails tucked and accepting whatever steaming pile of feces they want to throw at us. It also gives ammo to those who think that there's not many quad racers out there and that we shouldn't be allowed to race where we are now.

How bad is bad? Unofficially, we had 40 participants(probably 30-35 actual people) at our last race which was at a pretty nice sand-based facility that was 10 minutes off of I-59 in ne Alabama. We've had over 100 several times but between gas, the Wpsa, and unpredictable weather, people are just not coming. Everyone figures 'aw, they'll be enough there, I'll go to the next one' but if we don't get people to show up at these last 6 races, there won't BE a next one. Please show up and enjoy some fun racing to get you faster for next year.

If you have thought about racing but are too intimidated to try, come on out, no one will bother you. We all had to have our first race too and we don't harass people like the bikes do, and there's even a D class designed for beginners to get you started.

You can go to sequads.com or pm me for more details.Sequads.com (http://sequads.com)

trx400exxracer
09-08-2006, 08:43 PM
guys if you get a chance to go to this race go this track is amazing i love Monster Mountain we had a xc race there and it included the mx track and it is a sick track built by Mark Barnett

I would go but i got a xc race the 24 in NC just over the line there are only 2 races left of our series but we gotta make these last 2 races

hope you find people to race for this thing
wish i could come

dvx rider1
09-12-2006, 07:49 PM
CORRECTION!! The next race at Monster Mountain has been rescheduled for September 30th. Please make it out, we need at least 100 racers or we're in serious trouble.

trx400exxracer
09-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by dvx rider1
CORRECTION!! The next race at Monster Mountain has been rescheduled for September 30th. Please make it out, we need at least 100 racers or we're in serious trouble.

I wont be able to make it out but i will tell my MX racing friend about it and tell him to tell all of his friends!!! I will tell everyone i can

redlineranger
09-12-2006, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dvx rider1
CORRECTION!! The next race at Monster Mountain has been rescheduled for September 30th. Please make it out, we need at least 100 racers or we're in serious trouble. [/QUOTE

i would try and make it, but we have a race here in Atmore, Alabama september 30th... monster mountain is a hell of a race track though, im moving this time next year and it will pretty much be my back yard.

GOTFEAR
09-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Yea I love racing sequads im from S.C and i maid most of last year races but this year i had to slow down on my traveling gas was aroud $3.00 bucks i think if they can hold on the racers will return. everry thing has slowed down after 9-11 and the big hurcain and gas prices its got two get better hold on.

GOTFEAR
09-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Its me again sequads is a awsome place to race but i beleave some of the problem is they are to local they need to expand out about 5 to 8 hrs from home base and thein you have big area to work with and more contenders and better racing. what do i know im just a racer. WHAT YA THINK

ST87
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
We have the people to have a good size turnout its just like said above that there just not willing to come. The more people we get the more tracks we get which will bring in even more people. Its a fun series as it is and the more people the more fun itll be.

GOTFEAR
09-13-2006, 09:34 PM
yea you might be right. im planing on the next race 5 hrs from home but worth it thanks

Brad77
09-14-2006, 08:11 AM
trx400exxracer did let me know about this upcoming event.

I am thinking about trying to make this race. I have not run any of the sequad series because of the distance of the tracks from my house. I have several friends who have been to a few of the races. I will be asking them if they are going also.

dvx rider1
09-17-2006, 10:33 PM
Just a reminder, the next sequads race will be at Monster Mtn on 9-30, please come out, we need over 100 racers and I know you're out there. Go to sequads.com or pm me for more info, including carpooling info to save gas.

trx400exxracer
09-28-2006, 07:07 PM
me and Scott84 will be traviling with Brad77 but we are just watching and getting pictures and video

but brad77 will be racing

well see everyone there!!!:eek2: :D

quadrcr161
09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
i hope we have a good turn out at monster, we need it we just lost another track tonight. if anyone see's me say hello. white f250, trailer red honda