PDA

View Full Version : Hunt, then ride

Scott-300ex
09-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Well, for the past 29 years we(I'm 19), the first Sunday in September me, my dad, and our friends go dove hunting. There about 11 of us. So we meet at the dudes house at 0600, then go hunt, till 1000. Not to many flyin this year, I got 1 but he landed in the bean field, I looked for 30 minutes at least and had the dog help and 2 other guys, no luck. One guy got 6, good place to sit, one 3, the rest of us 1, a couple got nothin. Took my brother 'n law 36 shots to get 1, me 13 and others about 13. I got one in 4 two days ago, and I found him. :D

So after we get done huntin we go to Pair-a-Dice, named cuz it was a gamble to get it, its 900 acres down by the river, Mississippi River, which if your down here that is THE PLACE to ride, its where everyone wants to go but you gotta know a guy with land, well thankfully we do.

So a couple guys know quads and they were starin at my 250r. They liked it.:D I'm like, thanks. So we go to the river, which is like 1 mile away, LoL.

It was me on my 250r, my dad on his Warrior, then another kid about 27 or so on a Warrior, then a bunch of 4x4s, Polaris Rangers, and the guy on his 6x6, four wheeler with a bed and 6 wheels, so a sixtupwheeler, Haha.

We get there and we go our seperate ways and then meet at the clubhouse. The trails are real well groomed and you can haul in them. No challenge but you can move good. So then we all hook up and then head out to the river, well they don't go so fast so I'm like, ok, we get out to the river.

Loose @ss sand, rough, and if you stop you gotta move around on your quad to get goin, only half of it was like that, so we play around on there, I ride some wheelies, then my brother 'n law was diggin a hole with his rear tires, and I'm like, "Oh sweet." Cuz I went up and did a 180 right on the side of him and roosted him. Prolly the best roost of my life, LoL, The sand went over his head and covered his quad, body, and face. Only me, my dad, and the other kid on the warrior wore helmets, the others didn't:rolleyes: So he had a lot of sand thrown at his face, my dad said he was spittin it out afterwards. :p. So the rest of the day he tries to roost me, I'm like, "Man I got him so bad I deserve it." So I just stayed in place and let him get me when he tried, but he only got a little bit on my tires. Its also fun to pass people and when you go by them, roost them.:D

So that was fun, then my dad wants to ride my 250r, I'm like stay on the sand so you'll hopefully spin, and not wheelie, he's like, I'll sit on the front, I'm like It will still come up on you, trust me. So he takes off, and I fell in love again, hearing it, without me knowing wut its ganna do, cuz I'm not in control, cuz I ain't ridin it. The 2-strokes, rock! So he heads up in the trails, I'm like, oh great, he'll get traction, well, I'm sure he'll be carefull, everyone leaves the sand bar, so I hop on his warrior, and man, like how my 300ex was, when you get on it, the 2-stroke snap pops and pulls, the warrior wasn't like that, I'm like, this is different, and the bars were up so high, it felt like I was ridin on ape hangers. So with the 250r you can pretty much get the front end up whenever you want, so if I just take my wieght off of the quad, and give it gas, maybe pull up, I don't know if I do, the front end comes up, I tried that right after a turn and it stayed down. Not flamin the warrior or anything else, its just different, and not wut I'm used to anymore.

So we meet my dad 1/4 mile up the trail. He's stopped, He killed it and can't find nuetral, cuz you gotta have it in nuetral to start it I told him. He can't start it cuz he don't kick hard enough or keep a continouis one. So he's like "I'm done." I'm like, "You sure?" he's like "Yeh, I don't want to hurt myself." or somethin like that and he said, "I was sitting all the way forward and got on it and the front end still came up on me in 3rd gear." I'm like "I told you it would." And he's prolly a good 200 pounds, looks about the size of my 240 pound friend.

So that was fun.

Then we rode around more, me and my dad hauled on some trails, found some jumps, jumped this old levee, and man we flew, prolly almost the most air I've ever gotten, jump was about 5 foot. So I'd say 6 foot of air maybe and 30-35 feet?

Run 'em hard, some jumps, wheelies, roost, sand, trails, levee's, hills, it was a great day.

I got some pictures.

I highly dought anyone read all that but I had a great time, and am super bored.

He'res a couple pics.

Scott-300ex
09-08-2006, 05:39 PM
250r Roost.

Picture phone, I figured out how to email them to me. Haha.

2004exrider
09-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Long story but it sounds like it was a pretty fun time:p . Its always funny seeing someone getting a little nervous on your quad, and riding around with family and friends.

Jimmy

YFZ450Ridr
09-08-2006, 10:43 PM
sounds like fun. hows the 250r treatin ya? im loving my yfz so far, way better than the z400. are you still working at donnelsons? me and randy go out to st joe a lot just let us know we can meet up and ride for a weekend.

09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
i was thinking you were going to say "so he hits the gas and flips backwards and bends my bars" :confused:

Scott-300ex
09-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Just got back from St. Joe.

Goin down there we hooked up with like 9 more trucks or so on the road.

It was my buddy with my 250r, and his warrior, and our friends z400, and then I rode with my friend drivin with a bayou 220. We had at least 10 trucks with quads in a row goin down the road, for about 40 minutes, man that was awsome!

Not many people there today. We roost each other, so we were gettin each other and I chased down my buddy on the z400 and he went around this tree I follow him and we went around this tree for like 10 minutes, about a 10 foot circle, man, he was right on the other side of the cedar, It was so funny chasin each other around the tree, we both laughed our *** of for the whole time. Haha. Then all 3 of us did donuts right next to each other. So much dust, couldn't see anything.

Some good wheelies, trails, rocks, hills, creek climbs, you know, LoL.

1/2 the mulch jumps are gone.

250r is doin great for me, fast, power, wheelies, I love it.