PDA

View Full Version : Jetting

Architects
09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Im in the process of rejetting my carb for my nmotion pipe.

Seems to run fine at idle with everything stock. Its probably a little lean?

-Should I even bother bumping to a 50 pilot.

Mainjet is at 180 now with Hrc needle at 3rd clip.

Hesitates and falls on its face when u give it a good blip or snap it WOT. Should I try a 185?

Ive yet to take it for a ride but have gathered this from idling and revving.

Ps. How do you get the hotsart cable out. It looks like it just unbolts but I cant get a wrench in such a tight location

d3ktrix
09-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Architects
Hesitates and falls on its face when u give it a good blip or snap it WOT. Should I try a 185?

Ive yet to take it for a ride but have gathered this from idling and revving.

You need to ride the bike to check the jetting :P
No matter what the jetting is, if u stab the throttle while its idling it will fall on its face. Thats just how the 450r's and YFZ's are. Thats the "Bog" everyone is talking about.

Do you have any other mods besides the pipe? Like a filter or anything? air box lid?
We need more info to gage ur jetting.

450R_lover
09-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I dont know if this will help you or not.. but i got an Nmotion pipe and im running dynojets. Ive got the 180 dynojet in and mine runs perfect. its the largest jet that comes with the kit but if i were to guess I would say it is equivalent to a 185 or 190 main in stock jets. just ride it and you can tell if your lean on top if it seems "dead" when stabbing the throttle in the upper rpms of 4th and 5th.

450R_lover
09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
oh yeah.. and to get the hotstart cable free from the carb.. you have to take, I think its a 10mm or 12mm wrench and just stick it on there where its pointing upward where you can turn it a little bit then you can just twist the nut with your hand.

Architects
09-09-2006, 12:37 AM
It never used to fall on its face when revving it like this stock. The jetting is definaetle off some. I need to get out and ride it but the pipe is deafening loud.:devil:. Dot think the nieghbors are going to like it:ermm:

If someone could clear some terms up for me.

1. Slow jet is the same as a pilot correct. if not where is it located

2.after I swtich my pilot then I need to adjust my pilot screw right?

3. Pilot screw is teh same as A/f screw. If not where is it located

Architects
09-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Got it. Final specs are

Hrc needle 3rd clip
180 MJ
50 Pilot
A/f 2 turns

Jersey450R
09-09-2006, 11:46 AM
wheres the fuel screw on an 05'?