PDA

View Full Version : Just put on HMF...

-copyguy-
09-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Just put on my new HMF sport series slip on...rejetted to a 42 pilot and 152 main...

I can not believe the difference this pipe makes over a stocker! Front end wants to come up in second...no problem. I also picked up a powerbomb header that should be here next week. I can't wait to hook it on too.

After that, suspension and engine work...

Thanks to HMF for an awesome product!

TRX23rider
09-08-2006, 04:56 PM
i got a question for you, are you running with or without your airbox lid? the reason i ask is because you are in the same area as me and have a simliar setup to me and i want to get a better idea for my jetting.

o yeah and congrats on the pipe!

-copyguy-
09-08-2006, 06:05 PM
right now I've got it on. I do plan on venting it though.

I have not checked the jetting to make sure it's correct...I just don't have enough room here at the house to get it into fourth. I can barely touch third before I gotta get on the brakes.

I went with what HMF recommended, but I plan to check it as soon as I get a chance.

Where are you at in upstate? Anywhere close to Corning or Watkins Glen?

TRX23rider
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
watkins glen is about 40 mins from my house. i am from waterloo. i am going to rejet mine very soon to get it running better cuz i took it to the dealer to jet it at first and they put a 170 in it which is way to rich so i am gonna go smaller to see what i can get.

johnsls
09-08-2006, 07:39 PM
If your interested, I've got a 155 & 170 jet,, Brand new
:cool:

I also have what looks to be a SLOW JET or NEEDLE JET HOLDER.

TRX23rider
09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
pm sent

johnsls
09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
:)

wolffie
09-08-2006, 08:23 PM
for a header, i think the Power Bomb actually has some decent performance. my brother slapped one on after his HMF and it probably picked up a pony or two. seemed to have a bit more torque.

-copyguy-
09-08-2006, 08:31 PM
yeah, I know a guy that's got the powerbomb on a z400 and it helps that piece of crap out :devil: :D

It's also supposed to help quiet the HMF down a little. It's fine at idle and half throttle, but at WOT it screams...even with the quiet core in it...I still love it though!

jrm03
09-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Do you feel that the HMF is a bit too loud or not with the quiet core. I am looking at the HMF sport series right now, but haven't decided between that or the Yoshi full.

-copyguy-
09-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Do you feel that the HMF is a bit too loud or not with the quiet core. I am looking at the HMF sport series right now, but haven't decided between that or the Yoshi full.

It starts off not being that loud all the way to about mid throttle, but then if you hammer it it's a loud "BRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP" (along with a crapload of power!). I'm getting the powerbomb header because it's supposed to help with power and to quiet it down a bit more.

Loud exhaust doesn't bother me though. It's supposed to be quiet enough to pass sound regs according to HMF.

TRX23rider
09-09-2006, 06:24 PM
you will love the powerbomd with it. i have the same setup with the lid removed and it flies. like i said tho, i gotta mess with the jetting alittle.

jrm03
09-09-2006, 07:36 PM
does the powerbomb fit up to the HMF slip on with no problem??

TRX23rider
09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
yep it fits fine

whiteflash
09-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by -copyguy-

Front end wants to come up in second...no problem.

I would think the front end would like to come up with that 13t sprocket of yours. What's the top speed with that? like 55? you must have an amazingly short 1st gear....

but on the other hand, lots of low end

hondajoe05
09-09-2006, 10:50 PM
ya what is your top speed and how is that 13t? i was thinking about getting one yesterday at the shop for stunting but then i jus said **** it

exrider49
09-10-2006, 08:09 AM
i have a fmf powerbomb header with a hmf slip on, but my hmf is cut so it is 5 inches long, WOW does it sound sweet, deep and throaty, it used to be high pitched b4 the fmf powerbomb

-copyguy-
09-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hondajoe05
ya what is your top speed and how is that 13t? i was thinking about getting one yesterday at the shop for stunting but then i jus said **** it

I have no idea what my top speed is. I ride trails mostly and a little bit of track, so I rarely make it into 4th, let alone 5th.

I went to a 13T because I was mostly stock and had 22's on the quad...plus I'm a big guy.

The 13T definitely helps bring out the torque even more and that's what I wanted for trails. I can't go 70mph in the woods...for very long at least :eek2:

-copyguy-
09-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by whiteflash
I would think the front end would like to come up with that 13t sprocket of yours. What's the top speed with that? like 55? you must have an amazingly short 1st gear....

No idea on the top speed, but for trails, I don't really care about that. I have to admit that I did find something (a small piece of grass maybe) in my main jet that I took out when I rejetted. So I may have been getting robbed of power before.

As far the front end coming up, I'm still fairly a newb on a quad and don't normally try to do wheelies...the HMF made the quad want to do it on it's own. But then again, it may have done it before if the jet had been cleaned out. I've got no idea how long it had had crap in it.

1st gear is short, but I try to stick to 2nd/3rd on the trails. As far as the top speed, I've got 22's on the rear...so it all evens out. I'm probably back to about stock on the speeds...maybe a little lower, but the torque is what I want.