PDA

View Full Version : husky hybrid

desperate
09-08-2006, 03:32 PM
I have a destroyed husqvarna 610, well i could fix it but I would rather build a quad. I was wondering before I got started if there is anything I need to do to the gearbox/transmission in order for it to work properly. The fab. part I can handle, it's what I do for a living, but I guess with the difficulty to get parts for husky, I am afraid of running into a dead end. So I guess my question is, will the drive train as it is be compatible with any quad I decide to build?

JPhonda
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
in my opinon it should be fine. you might need to mess with your gearing a little bit to make it proform the way you want it to. Only thing i see is that you might need a stronger clutch. if that motor is a dirt bike motor which iam assuming it is then iam pretty sure you are going to need a stronger clutch.

09-11-2006, 09:56 AM
for my 426 hybrid I went up 1 tooth on rear sprock (39) and down one tooth on front sprocket (13) and have 18 inch tires and first gear still feels a little tall.

my stock clutch had over 40 hours on it and it was still in good condition but the inner hub was a little worn.

with in 2 hours riding the stock chain snapped. i now have a aftermarket chain that has 8500lbs streingth and with in a half hour its starting to streach.

Im pritty sure one of my valves snapped too after about 3 hours but that probably wasnt from putting the motor in the quad.