PDA

View Full Version : it's alive again!

underpowered
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
well my quad has been down since early july due to a broken shifter shaft. well my $100 shifter shaft fixed turned into a $1500+ impromptu rebuild. it may not look like much, but it runs great and is still in progress.

Before:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/Quad/40600060.jpg

and after (i know its dirty, on day i will make it shine for some better pics):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/quad3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/quad4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/quad1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/redneck409/quad2.jpg

underpowered
09-08-2006, 02:21 PM
what i did:
New Stuff
Rear brake rotor
Skidplate
Vortex clutch basket
CRF timing chain
Kibblewhite valves
timing chain guides
brakes all around
Factory honda fenders
Cometic flexsteel gaskets
shifter shaft
IMS shifter
+more i cant remember

still to come:
Anti-vibe stem
New wheels/tires

and eventually new shocks, A-arms, and a 450r carb.

HB416EX
09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Whats up with all the junk in your backyard?

-copyguy-
09-08-2006, 05:00 PM
looks like an awesome woods quad to me and it seems like we might share the same thought...the go is more important than the show...

so are the blue nerfs in the back of your pic for a honda :p

underpowered
09-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Whats up with all the junk in your backyard?

just stuff my dad has aquired over the years. believe it or not, 90% of all that "junk" is usable and runs.

EXevan91
09-09-2006, 09:09 AM
well i think u have an awsome back yard PLENTY of toys for when u get bored lol why does crappy stuff entertain me so .

lol i also beleve the all go not much show policy iam broke but she runs great. :) keep it up

underpowered
09-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by -copyguy-
looks like an awesome woods quad to me and it seems like we might share the same thought...the go is more important than the show...

so are the blue nerfs in the back of your pic for a honda :p

yupp, pretty don't make it fast. all these quads on here with chrome, PC, and all kinds of stuff to make it look better. I did not buy my quad to look at, i bought it to ride. Granted i don't want it to look like total crap but it does not have to be perfect. it is gonna get dirty, scratched, dinged,and everything else so why worry about it.

CHEVYZ
09-09-2006, 12:42 PM
How does she run? Looks good. :)

underpowered
09-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
How does she run? Looks good. :)

Thanks, it runs great! been together for about 3 years now with the 426. when i tore it down this last time i had planned on resleeving it and going down to a 406 or a 416 because i figured it needed to be redone. but after tearing into it, there was only minimal wear in the cylinder so i just installed a new 11:1 88mm piston. It runs awesome and hopefully in a few months it will run even better, when i finally get my P&P head.

CHEVYZ
09-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Wow! That is damn good. I guess some of them just run like they should. During the rebuild on mine, I examined my seven year old engine and it was all set to proper, like new specs. The bike always did run perfect... I could easily tell the difference in performance between mine and alot of others in my area. I had some doubts about the 440, but so far it has held up perfectly, and perfoms very well also. I have to agree with you, even though I am a bit of perfectionist LOL, looks aren't crap without the performance to back it up!

I think that you will like the P&P head. Headwork makes a huge difference... :macho

underpowered
09-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
......I have to agree with you, even though I am a bit of perfectionist LOL, looks aren't crap without the performance to back it up!

I think that you will like the P&P head. Headwork makes a huge difference... :macho

i was supposed to have the head done by last week but the guy just did not have time. is was doing it on the side and was was busy doing customers stuff first. as soon as business slows down i am gonna get it done. I had actually planned on fixing it and selling it but after putting all this money into it and thinking about it, i have decied to just keep the ole 4 hunny and slowly built iti in to what i want.

CHEVYZ
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
That is what I would do. I am quite impressed with the way my 400EX performs. Wouldn't trade it for anything. I think that after some attention they make for some great machines!

underpowered
09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
i was gonna get a 450, but go to thinking. I don't race on a regular basis, there is stoll more i can do to the 400, most of my budies ride 400"s, Z's, warriors ect... and only a few have 450's. and when we go ridin i usually am the one leading cause i know my way around the best and sometimes they have a hard time keeping up even on their faster bikes. the only reason i would be gettin a 450 is to beat my buddies in a drag and to me it aint worht spending $6000 just to be faster than my buddies through a feild.

But overall i am impressed with how my bike runs and performs. I hate to brag and i know everyon says the same about teir bike, but i have beaten bikes with more motor work, 440's, other 426's, and other bores. my bike just runs good. You can ask a few of the members on here if you like, (Honda460ex, jonesy, and some others) I am impressed with the reliabilty and overall power of this quad.