PDA

View Full Version : mini insurance

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I wanna know how in the heck do ya'll afford the insurance?!!!:eek2:

I went to insure my Sons mini this morning(I forgot my sons hasnt had any all this time!) and his insurance in MORE than our 06450r is with all the aftermarket!!:huh

I wont pay that... but it needs insured,for at least the for theft portion of it .

Whos a good place to go threw?
I got quotes from Progressive and Farmers.

Or.......... Am I just chit out of luck
:ermm:

newnick
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
The insurance people told me if it's stolen from the garage, the homeowners policy pays for it.

BradLoomis
09-08-2006, 11:27 AM
We have Farmers and instead of insuring just the minis each by themselves, we lumped them all in on the home owners policy. I don't think the reimbursement will be as good if only one is stolen... I just wanted them covered for a catastrophe type situation like fire or the whole race trailer is stolen.

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by newnick
The insurance people told me if it's stolen from the garage, the homeowners policy pays for it. Progressive just told me that is NOT correct under there policy of course..I wanted to know for sure and they said in most home owner policies ,home owners will NOT cover it .Who do you go threw?

Troy and I both got a speeding ticket last year and it just popped... Our quads just LITERALLY DBL'd in price for the year.:rolleyes:

For Gods Sake, it was 5 MPH hour over !:o

Brad, we have Geico(I guess Farmers is the uderwriter,or something to that effect) they was one of the the ones that quoted me so High. It was 400.00 a year for Brandons,and 2500.00 a year for all 5 quads:eek: thats AFTER house Disc,and all the other umbrella insurance attached... What a CROCK!:scary:
The 450 just went from 397.00 per year(valued for 15,000) to a whopping 700.00 cause of the ticket.
I better watch my speed better from now on I guess. :ermm:

I simply cannot afford those rates..But I cant afford to not having any insurance either...:confused:

cjkranz
09-08-2006, 11:38 AM
We use State Farm for all of our insurance. To insure a '05 YFZ 450, '04 Raptor 660, '03 LT 80, and an '02 LT 50, all with a $500 deductable (covers theft AND collision, my fault or the other guys) is approx $ 350 year, TOTAL.

cjkranz
09-08-2006, 11:41 AM
State Farm also stated the same thing on the home owner's issue... If its not part of the house or something to help keep up the house (mower, weed-eater, chainsaw, etc.) it wouldn't be covered. We have to have a separate policy. There was even some dispute as to wether or not the quads would be covered if they were in the back of the truck and a wreck occured.

On the insurance quotes, is that for replacement value or just the NADA value at the time of the loss. That may make a huge difference...

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Why am I getting HOZED so bad?? I dont get it... I have perfect driving record aside of the small infraction:p No accidents since I was 16,Im 38 now.(I thinkLOL) I own a home, I have multiple discounts,good paying history....Same for Troy...What gives??

I just checked into MET(I get disc, threw my work) They want a buttload more than the two others!:huh

newnick
09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Allstate
I sat and asked alot of questions with different scenerio's. Of course it wasn't pointed out to me in my policy.
Now you got me thinkin again, guess its time to go back to the insurance agent.

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by cjkranz
State Farm also stated the same thing on the home owner's issue... If its not part of the house or something to help keep up the house (mower, weed-eater, chainsaw, etc.) it wouldn't be covered. We have to have a separate policy. There was even some dispute as to wether or not the quads would be covered if they were in the back of the truck and a wreck occured.

On the insurance quotes, is that for replacement value or just the NADA value at the time of the loss. That may make a huge difference... I got quotes on both.

They said the mini was due to the riders age...OK.. I can ee that to a DEGREE.. But I thought CC's had alot to do with it also?

Insuring for Value(with afermarket) wasnt actually that bad.I thought it would be a biger jump(on the 450) but it only sent up about 150.00 more a year. I still feel hozed considering my freinds haver the SAME policy, insured for 12,000 each and pay HALF of what my was before my rates went up from my ticket.

The funny thing is... The ticket didnt cost me a single penny more on my Car insurance...:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by newnick
Allstate
I sat and asked alot of questions with different scenerio's. Of course it wasn't pointed out to me in my policy.
Now you got me thinkin again, guess its time to go back to the insurance agent. better to be safe than sorry, right?! ;)

cjkranz
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
are all the quads used for "racing" purposes? Ours are officially "recreation only" quads.

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I insure for the same reasons Brad did mainly.NOT for racing,LOL that would not fly for a minute...LOL
Im concerned manly about theft.

MadSea862
09-08-2006, 03:08 PM
try www.atv-line.com mainly for injury/property damage

try http://www.rkhughes.com/atvform.htm for theft

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Ill check it out -thanks!