PDA

View Full Version : Paypal...is it a scam??

QuadJunkies
09-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Kinda makes you wonder.....Im gonna say its a scam..I got this today.
would suck though since I do use PayPal,but Im willing to take the gamble.

Dear valued PayPalŪ member:

Due to concerns, for the safety and integrity of the paypal
account we have issued this warning message.

It has come to our attention that your PayPalŪ account information needs to be
updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to
reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes
out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into
any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension.
Please update your records on or before September 15, 2006.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=login_run

Thank You.
PayPalŪ UPDATE TEAM

WhiteYFZ
09-07-2006, 11:49 PM
qj. its a scam . in the url link look where it says http
the realy paypal is https .s stands for secure. its a fake page...

QuadJunkies
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
thought so... :mad:

BTW.... We had a dude on a pocket bike checking out all the quads in our garage the other night, wanted to know ALL about them,and how much was invested....My kids no longer use the garage door opener after school, all my deadbolts are locked and windows locked,I am not taking the chance..

Kuna has been robbed severly lately including a freind of mine who got her home vandelized SEVERLY. They only took some of her jewelry, but bashed in all her sinks, broke almost everything she owns.She lives one sub. down from us..Some of her items was things that are very sendimental and cannot be replaced.

Just a small reminder of how fast these people can ruin everything you spend your hard earned money to have.

Make sure you are INSURED!!

MAaudioX10
09-08-2006, 01:37 AM
Paypal doesn't send out e-mails requesting information. I think it say that on their home page.

SCAM

jdwxv3
09-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Report it to pay pal and call there customer service....not everyone is like you....some will not ask questions and get there identities stolen. So report it so Pay Pal can take legal action.

Aceman
09-08-2006, 06:55 AM
QJ, here it is cut and dried. Anytime you get an email from Paypal, read it but consider it a scam and junk it. Then, type in the paypal address and go to the site. Log in and see if anything pops up saying you need to update. Then you will know the truth. I remember changing something in my account and I recieved legit emails saying I needed to change something else as well. If you don't respond long enough even the legit emails stop coming.:p I don't worry about updating my account every single time Paypal thinks it's time to do so.

honda350r
09-08-2006, 07:35 AM
PayPal will never address you like this" Dear valued PayPalŪ member"

They will always address your full name !

wishmasstir
09-08-2006, 07:41 AM
forward it to paypal, they have an email address just for scams i think

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 07:44 AM
I thought this topic would be good to post,I have seen it post a few times in the past. If you dont know any better,someone might fall for this.

thanks for the info guys ;)

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by jdwxv3
Report it to pay pal and call there customer service....not everyone is like you....some will not ask questions and get there identities stolen. So report it so Pay Pal can take legal action.
I should have done that!! But, I already deleted it :ermm:

I bet they get ALOT of these everyday too!

insaneracin2003
09-08-2006, 07:45 AM
I received the same e-mail QJ,i trashed it. I know about people stealing chit soe keep your stuff locked up GOOD and make sure you have insurance. Dont be me and think it will never happen!!

QuadJunkies
09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I received the same e-mail QJ,i trashed it. I know about people stealing chit soe keep your stuff locked up GOOD and make sure you have insurance. Dont be me and think it will never happen!!

Im being REALLY,extra cautious right now. The guy could have been just interested,intruiged... who knows... I think he wanted to steal them personally!!

The loss of all 5 quads would be very devestating!!! :eek:

ilpadrino113
09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
It sais when u sign up for paypal and on their homepage that they will never ask you for anything regarding your information. I don't even respond to emaisl that are truly from paypal, if they really need something it will be on my paypal account page

derekhonda
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I get some of those emails in email accounts different from my actual paypal email. Definately a scam, paypal already has all the information they need from you when you signed up.