PDA

View Full Version : blown 250r motor

TheFontMaster
09-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I blew the rod berrings in this motor a couple months back, and since I am parting out the whole quad, I wanna sell the motor too. All the parts are there for the transmission. It's an 87 motor, and it has the 89 clutch update kit on it. All the clutch plates, and basket are in good condition. The cylinder needs a re-sleeve. It's the stock cylinder with a sparks racing port and polish. I also have every single berring, gasket and seal for the whole motor. All those parts combined total just over 300 dollars. I am selling the cylinder, head, and dome separate from the transmission, and bottom end. I'm looking to get 100 for the cylinder. I have a cool head with a brand new 21CC dome, I'm asking 80 for those. Then there is the berrings, seals, gaskets, case, side cases and all the inards of the motor. I'm askin 500 dollars for all of that.

Make me offers on the parts, I can get pics upon request.

Andy

MN250R
09-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Does the cool head have the headstay,ie. motor mount? If not does it really nead that mount? I do see a lot for sale without them and always wondered?

TheFontMaster
09-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MN250R
Does the cool head have the headstay,ie. motor mount? If not does it really nead that mount? I do see a lot for sale without them and always wondered?

No you do not need the head stay. It's all personal prefference wether to use one or not. I ran a headstay in my R, but I never bolted the head to it.

KFX400 RACER
09-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Is the motor all in peices or together. Not to get your pantys in a bunch but I could buy a running built motor for $600 to $750 and that is the low end of the price range.

I would give ya $200 shipped for it. Thats my offer.

TheFontMaster
09-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by KFX400 RACER
Is the motor all in peices or together. Not to get your pantys in a bunch but I could buy a running built motor for $600 to $750 and that is the low end of the price range.

I would give ya $200 shipped for it. Thats my offer.

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but if you are going to offer that low of a price, you might as well not even make an offer. There are more than 300 dollars worth of berrings, seals, o rings, and gaskets for everything in the whole motor. On top of that a brand new dome for the cool head. 200 shipped is such a lowball offer it isn't even funny.