PDA

View Full Version : really annoying me!!

Blue250X
09-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Well, my fourwheeler has been havin sum problems. I will be riding and it will just up and shut off. But if i am carrying my spark plug wrench, and I take the plug out, and stick it right back in, it will start back up. If not all i have to do is rock it back and forth a few times or just wait and it starts...im waayy comfuzed on this one

GPracer2500
09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Gas tank not venting??

Mx_523
09-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Try cleaning out the carb. Change the plug. Clean your airfilter.

racerrob
09-07-2006, 08:39 PM
I have a buddy with a 250X around the same year, and his did the same thing. Finally, he discovered that tapping on the ignition module when it shut down, got it running again. He replaced the module, and bingo!

wilkin250r
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I would try every suggestion posted in this thread, in order. First, check your gas tank vent line and gascap, it might not be venting properly. Next, I would clean the carb, especially the fuel inlet passages. Perhaps remove and clean the petcock.

Those fixes should take time, but very little money. If those don't fix the problem, try a new CDI. I had a similar issue with mine, intermittent problems. It turned out to be the CDI.

Blue250X
09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Ok, i cleaned the air filter, carb and switched plugs. It slipped my mind to take the cap off after this happens, but next time i will. What exactly is the ignition module?

bwamos
09-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Ignition Module is the CDI. (Capacatance Discharge Ignition). It's the small black box.. ohh 2" x 3" x 3/4" on the right side down in front of your motor.

I'd clean all the electrical connections leading to the CDI before I opted to replace it. They're fairly expensive.

Blue250X
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Ignition Module is the CDI. (Capacatance Discharge Ignition). It's the small black box.. ohh 2" x 3" x 3/4" on the right side down in front of your motor.

I'd clean all the electrical connections leading to the CDI before I opted to replace it. They're fairly expensive.

thats what i figured it was. But anyways, today i rode, and it happened, so, i tap the cdi fairly hard and BAM starts up. But i did mess with a connection on it, so, it may be that too. But at least now i kno wat it is