PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with starting when hot

JRF450
09-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I've been havin trouble with keepin this thing runnin. If I keep it wound up all the time there doesnt seem to be a problem, wich is fine, but if it does die it doesnt want to start right back up?? Ive seen some kind of similar posts but didnt know if this was exactly what they had happen, and maybe how they fixed the problem if thats possible??

jon67
09-08-2006, 09:43 PM
ive been having the same problem lately . i dont know what to do either

blholtz
09-10-2006, 01:54 PM
is it starting hard from a stall or a tip over?

LTandRaptorider
09-10-2006, 02:55 PM
At times I have had probs starting mine when it's hot. I found giving it just a little throttle as you crank it, starts right up. You could also move the fast idle lever down before cranking, then move it back up.

AZ-LT-R450
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I also just give it a little throttle and she fires right up...

09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
My yamaha motor is the same. When hot it will some times stall when i let off the gas. Also when hot and i shut it off it's hard to start back up so i usualy park it on a hill so i can push start it cause its kick.

If your idling is set high it will be harder to start.

A boysen excelorator cover stops it from stalling when hot and gets rid of bog when you blip the throttle and helps it start easier when hot. I baught one but havent been able to test it out. I think it will realy help with all that stuff even though i havent tested it yet every one sais its the best thing for the money. Its really easy to put on to.

bwamos
09-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by slow
A boysen excelorator cover stops it from stalling when hot and gets rid of bog when you blip the throttle and helps it start easier when hot. I baught one but havent been able to test it out. I think it will realy help with all that stuff even though i havent tested it yet every one sais its the best thing for the money. Its really easy to put on to.

This quad is Electronic Fuel Injected. aka.. no carb. ;) That cover works great on the 450r and yzf450 that have the non MX style CFR carbs. Won't help these guys though.

09-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
This quad is Electronic Fuel Injected. aka.. no carb. ;) That cover works great on the 450r and yzf450 that have the non MX style CFR carbs. Won't help these guys though.

OOPS. Forgot about that:o

09-14-2006, 11:51 AM
have the non MX style CFR carbs.

The 39 kehin cr flat side carb isnt a mx carb?

bwamos
09-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Yes and no.

I meant to say FCR. The newer offroad model is the FCR-MX.

The original model is what most 05 and earlier quads have. It was designed for street bikes. They created a newer MX model for ATV's and dirtbikes with a higher float chamber capacity, float chamber baffles, etc..

09-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Yes and no.

I meant to say FCR. The newer offroad model is the FCR-MX.

The original model is what most 05 and earlier quads have. It was designed for street bikes. They created a newer MX model for ATV's and dirtbikes with a higher float chamber capacity, float chamber baffles, etc..

so a 2002 fcr is not as good?

JRF450
09-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Yeah you give it a little throttle and it starts, but sometimes it takes a while or takes a few tries. Dont know? Just thought when you have that kind of money in a quad it would start easily no matter what? When I first start it I dont even have to give it any gas, just hit the button and it fires right up.