PDA

View Full Version : Building Banshee for 2007 Pikes Peak Hill Climb

Ryanwolfe911
09-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I just wanted to let you guys know i am building a 1997 Banshee that I just picked up for nexts years Pike's Peak International Hill Climb. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has ever competed in that event, and if you did, what kind of engine mods did you have done. I am totally new to Yamaha's, as I have owned Hondas all my life. Any help would be appreciated.

PS, here's the link to the site, if you've never heard of it.

www.ppihc.com

Mxjunkie
09-08-2006, 06:40 AM
I'd contact either Trinity or Duncan racing for a motor, all the drag engine builders may be able to build you one as well but I've allway's herd duncan and trinity for that type of racing :)

Ryanwolfe911
09-08-2006, 06:56 AM
I thought about having Mark Baldwin build me one, since I live 10 minutes from Baldwin Motorsports, but he doesn't have much Yamaha expirience. He most concentrates onthe 450R for Tim Farr. I do have some porting expirience on 4 strokes, but I've never tried it on a 2 stroke, since I know that porting a 2 stroke will change timing, I'd rather leave that to an expert, especially a Banshee expert.

bradley300
09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
honestly, from what i have seen about the pikes peak hill climb, if your on a atv forum asking about set up ideas, then you need to wait a few years, maybe attend as a spectator and talk to people that have done the race. from what ive seen, this is not a race to just show up on race day for your first try like a gncc or the like

Ryanwolfe911
09-08-2006, 10:13 AM
i'm not a rookie, i've been racing MX and TT for 10 years. I've also been to every Pikes Peak Hill Climb as a spectator for the last 22 years. I also mave numerous friends that race in t he Colroado Hill Climb Association. This may be my first time as a competitor in this perticular race, but I'm sure I can handle it. All my buddies race inthe 450 production 4 stroke class and none of them have an 2 stroke expirience. That's why I was asking.

Supercup
09-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Ryan,

I have a Duncan racing prepared Banshee. Lenny and Lauren build a great motor in the national kit. Their motor has been absolutely bulletproof for two seasons of hard Dune riding. They have provided jetting that is spot on for every situation. The bike simply starts on the first kick, hot or cold, does not matter. They have won Pikes Peak 3 times with their 403 National Kit. Check it out on the website under Buyer's guide and Banshee. They are definately one of the top experts on Banshee's.

Check them out at

www.duncanracing.com

Good luck getting set up and competing.

JCM

bradley300
09-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Ryanwolfe911
i'm not a rookie, i've been racing MX and TT for 10 years. I've also been to every Pikes Peak Hill Climb as a spectator for the last 22 years. I also mave numerous friends that race in t he Colroado Hill Climb Association. This may be my first time as a competitor in this perticular race, but I'm sure I can handle it. All my buddies race inthe 450 production 4 stroke class and none of them have an 2 stroke expirience. That's why I was asking.

well i was mistaken then, it seemes like your ready.

it seems trintiy has built the last few winners, i would give them a call

Ryanwolfe911
09-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Thank you for the responses. I think I am seriously considering Duncan, as i recently found out 4 out of the top 5 finishers this last race were using their engines. One of the reasons I want to compete as soon as possible, is so i can see what it's like to race on gravel while it's still there. the entire course is scheduled to be paved all the way to the summit by 2012. Wouldn't make for very excititing racing.