View Full Version : *Need help* Jet Ski for a DVX

cosborne
09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
I have a 02 Bombardier GTI LE jet ski I am selling. It is a 750cc, three seater. Has cover and princess steps. Also a trailer. Some guy wants to trade me his 04 Artic Cat DVX. Says it has DMC pipe, a jet kit, aftermarket air filter (I don't remember the type). It also has nerf bars and I think that is it. He is asking around $4000 and I am asking around $4500. I am wanting the bike plus money, but how much do you guys think I could get out of it. I don't know much about the DVX's and was just wondering if it would be worth it. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

cosborne
09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I guess the DVX's aren't that popular or nobody knows much about the Bombardier.

LittleMissE
09-07-2006, 10:16 PM
In my opinion an 04' dvx isnt worth $4000-$4500. My parents brought me an 04' dvx over a year ago and the cost was only around $3500 and it had full skid plates( pro armor), pro taper handle bars, AC bumper, AC nerf bars, g- force axle, and a slip on hmf.( I think I listed all the stuff it had when we brought it. I dont know anything about jet skis so I dont know how much money you could get in a trade or straight up. Hopefully I helped!!!

ilpadrino113
09-08-2006, 08:19 AM
It seems liek it would be alright if you wanted the bike. I you were just gonn sell the bike again i woldn't do it, but if you truly wanted the bike then maybe.

dvx rider1
09-08-2006, 08:12 PM
A DVX is made by Arctic Cat (kinda) but it's the exact same thing as a Z400, so it's worth what a Z is worth. I'm selling mine right now pretty much stock w/ a gusseted and pc'd frame and I would be excited to get $3000 out of it.

honduh440
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM
i wouldnt do the trade. you can deffinatly get 4k atleast out of your PWC. The DVX isnt worth that much that hes asking. I would recomend selling your pwc outright and looking at all your options. 450rs are going for 4500 used all day hint hint

cosborne
09-08-2006, 10:52 PM
He said his bottom dollar for the bike was $3800. So I told him I was going to need some money, ofcourse, but you guys are saying it probably going for around $3500 or less. I am not wanting to keep it, just trying to get cash. Thought a bike would be easier to sell right now (Close to winter). i don't need the money that bad, I can wait until Spring and get what I have in it, out. He isn't going to want to give me close to $800. I think I might have to back out. Thanks for the help. Any other thoughts please post just incase.

HB416EX
09-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Your ski is name brand name the DVX isn't that known to the common man..The ski will be easier to sell and you will get more.NO DEAL

Giz400ex
09-09-2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by HB416EX
Your ski is name brand name the DVX isn't that known to the common man..The ski will be easier to sell and you will get more.NO DEAL These days, a jet ski is just as difficult selling than a quad. To me there almost the same! There's alot of jetski's for sale around here and they've been out ALL summer. I'm pretty sure your a little high on your Seadoo. How did you come up with $4500.00?? The prob is its a 750cc, I sold my SL 650 for $1250 and that was in June. It was the going price, noted its 6 years older than the SD. You can quickly get outdated with skis, just like autos- its all about hp and there making them 1500cc at 215hp!! Right now, its the worst time to sell a ski, better off holding until the spring, maybe you'll get your asking price????:confused:

cosborne
09-09-2006, 05:30 AM
I think that is what I am going to do. After thinking about it, I am going to wait until Spring to sell the jet ski, cause I would be close to getting around asking price. I don't know much about the DVX's that is why I was asking. I am glad I did, because sounds like I might have gotten screwed on the deal. Oh, the ski has only been taken out about 5 or 6 times this year. I didn't get much time to ready. Thanks for all the help.

Giz400ex
09-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by cosborne
I think that is what I am going to do. After thinking about it, I am going to wait until Spring to sell the jet ski, cause I would be close to getting around asking price. I don't know much about the DVX's that is why I was asking. I am glad I did, because sounds like I might have gotten screwed on the deal. Oh, the ski has only been taken out about 5 or 6 times this year. I didn't get much time to ready. Thanks for all the help. Same here, I think I might of put 10-12 hrs on the skis this year. I don't know about where you live but here the summer kinda sucked with the crap load of rain we had here this year and it seemed to rain only on the weekends:mad:

cosborne
09-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I live in Indiana and the weather here wasn't to bad. I just never had the time to go. Always working or other things.