PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Qs

ZQ8Dude
09-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Im looking to trade my quad and the new 525 outlaw is looking pretty good, but i have to wonder, How do they slide with that IRS?? I cant help but be concerned that one side will dip in and make the bike roll. I like to whip my bikes out and decent speeds and slide for long distances.

firefighterjosh
09-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Since the new outlaw is not out yet no one knows. But I have talked to a few ppl that had the older outlaws with IRS and they say it is deffent;y not made for MX. Also Dirt Wheels says the IRS handles well over rough stuff but when try to powerslide the outlaw wants to lean which yes will make it want to tip.

I would just ride one and see what you think.

ZQ8Dude
09-07-2006, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Since the new outlaw is not out yet no one knows. But I have talked to a few ppl that had the older outlaws with IRS and they say it is deffent;y not made for MX. Also Dirt Wheels says the IRS handles well over rough stuff but when try to powerslide the outlaw wants to lean which yes will make it want to tip.

I would just ride one and see what you think.

yikes, well screw that bike then.

I hadnt planned on MX. But i love to slide bikes and i was even thinking of widening out the bike for some supermoto. Maybe ill look into the pred. then.

firefighterjosh
09-07-2006, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
yikes, well screw that bike then.

I hadnt planned on MX. But i love to slide bikes and i was even thinking of widening out the bike for some supermoto. Maybe ill look into the pred. then.

If possible I would ride one first. I haven't rode one my self so I can not say for sure how bad it handles for powersliding. I know ppl say it is not made for power sliding. Do a search on here. There is a few threads about it

rlozer
09-07-2006, 06:04 AM
Well, I own one first off. I've owned a Raptor, it is different. But it has good power, and I don't have any problems with sliding. You have to shift your weight forward a little more to slide. I love this quad!

calds650
09-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Mine slides just fine. You have to move your body in a forward if you stay cantered it will drive forward. The 525 should due fine in MX open class.

09-07-2006, 12:36 PM
GIVE IT UP AND GET A REAL 4WHEELER:eek2:

09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 700YELLOWRAPTOR
GIVE IT UP AND GET A REAL 4WHEELER:eek2:

so why did you put up a pic of that if you are talking about a real atv...:D :blah: :devil:

Bigun55
09-07-2006, 01:59 PM
If someone wanted a real fourwheeler they would get a YFZ over a 700 raptor:macho

09-07-2006, 02:09 PM
BUT FOR THE TRAIL NONE BETTER.

CHADHIX
09-07-2006, 03:12 PM
:rolleyes:

09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
:rolleyes:

CHADHIX
09-07-2006, 08:30 PM
THATS RIGHT.........IS THERE A PROBLEM 700 YELLOW CRAPTOR. This is a polaris thread anyway, go back where you belong

MentalState
09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
raptors are nice but you couldnt give me two of them for my Outlaw...:devil:

ZQ8Dude
09-08-2006, 01:15 AM
BUT FOR THE TRAIL NONE BETTER.

how many people here have reading disorders? what part of supermoto did you not read??

A real quad...meh, i wouldnt waste my money on any raptor. they corner like complete crap. You can preach trails all day long, but imho a utility is for trails. A raptor is for dunes.

Anyways i might buy a YFZ in a week or two. The new 07' grey is so sexy.

09-08-2006, 06:00 AM
its sad POLARIS needs a KTM engine to try and make the outjunklaw come even close to a raptor 700.As dirtwheels puts it "its like comparing a box of wine to a 500 dollar bottle of wine".Better luck this year you will need it.

CHADHIX
09-08-2006, 06:57 AM
700yellowcraptor, like I said before go back with the other craptor owners to your own area with your really educated remarks. I can tell you no craptor will ever pass me. Everyone I have ever had traded in were complete junk, One way bearings,starters, rings and pistons,swing arm bearings, a-arm bushings,carrier bearings....... congrats on being one of about 13 people that own a craptor 700. I'm done

calds650
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ZQ8Dude
[B]how many people here have reading disorders? what part of supermoto did you not read??

The new 525 should due great in supermoto but will need a alot of R&D. I would go with any of the 450 for now

ZQ8Dude
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
its sad POLARIS needs a KTM engine to try and make the outjunklaw come even close to a raptor 700.As dirtwheels puts it "its like comparing a box of wine to a 500 dollar bottle of wine".Better luck this year you will need it.

wow the 700 must be the fastest bike in the world. :rolleyes:

Have you read anything about the ktm 525 or the new outlaw?? with its weight and the 525's monster power, they claim that it could be the fastest accelerating production ATV.

Thats what had me dead set on buying one, but it doesnt slide too well and from the sounds of things requires a funky technique.

My dad has a 660, ive ridden it for long stretches of time. I rode it for about 5hrs straight one day. Its an inferior bike to even a 400ex. It might have the power, but the stock suspension doesnt let you use it very well.

calds650
09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
The Outlaw 525 reported weight is 395 dry. I have seen reports of 73 rear wheel HP with the KTM stocker crank and big bore kit installed.:eek2: stock should be in the high 40's at the wheels.

09-08-2006, 02:27 PM
As a POLARIS STORE GENERAL MANAGER you should know what fails on Polaris wheelers"starters, rings and pistons,swing arm bearings, a-arm bushings,carrier bearings is just a start. I know and you do to that Polaris has come a long way as far as making a wheeler that last but to say it has a long way to pull even with any of the japs would be a understatement.Oh by the way i like most only trade in when they have beat the crap out of a quad and its time for a new 1.Well i hope Polaris can 1 day make a high hp motor by its self that can last but for now they will use KTM motors.Well i will not keep you i am sure you need to over charge some poor Polaris owner for some grade D bearings:D you know what i mean.have a nice day!!!!!

CHADHIX
09-08-2006, 02:48 PM
700YELLOWCRAPTOR, You win, Craptors are sweet, my bad. I am tired of fighting. You have killed this poor guys thread.
chumphix out

09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
They are both sweet just 1 is sweeter than the other.I love you man

CHADHIX
09-08-2006, 08:02 PM
That was fun while it lasted! You had to know you were asking for it when you posted. Good luck with your Raptor
Later, Chumphix:)