PDA

View Full Version : Tt

TTZ450
09-06-2006, 08:05 PM
DOES ANYBODY TT RACE THE LTR? I'M JUST LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON WHAT PRODUCTS ARE WORKING BEST FOR TT RACING....I HAVE MY SETUP DIALED IN WITH ELKAS.. I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHATS WORKING FOR WOODS, XC, MX, DUNE, DRAG... ECT... DOES ANYONE HAVE THE NEW JAPANESE RMZ CAMS IN THIER RACER YET?

blholtz
09-07-2006, 07:38 AM
You are going to have to get brackets made to mount the sway bar to the upper a-arm not enough room to mount it to the lower shock mount.

Get a extra set of shocks and have your local shop or someone reputable shorten the shocks down to lower it.

Other than that just motor work if your running with guys that do that to there machines. but then again I took second in a b-class tt race in Onsted Mi. And all Have done to mine is the yosh rs-5, k&n air filter, cherry bomb and a dynajet powercommander. I also put a set of American racing tires on all the way around. I did even have a sway bar on the quad and I was riding it with the stock shocks on the bike.

Tastykake Kid
09-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by TTZ450
I'M JUST LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON WHATS PRODUCTS ARE WORKING BEST FOR THEM IN TT RACING....

You and me both. I see in the results that there's a guy that's been running a Suzi in the EDT Pro class. Finished right at 20th (but made the main!). I'd like to see his bike to see what he's done to it. I bought a Rath sway bar. One that's MADE for the LT-R. It's wider than most and comes with a billet bracket that mounts to the upper control arm. I have 4+1 front wheels, 10" wide rear rims with American Racers all around. It's been working good for me on the local TT track. I just got done installing my shorter swingarm and Z400 rear hubs which narrow it down a little bit. Now I need to get the shocks done, add some more HP, and then I should be good to go for a while.

dmackesty
09-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I know the guy that is running the pro class at the nationals. I talked with him at Taylorville and saw his setup. He is running PEP shocks all the way around, hiper wheels, i believe Z400 rear hubs, cherry bomb, Pim adjuster, rath products and had FTZ head work done then. I talked to him about a month after that and he mentioned maybe getting a sparks motor but im not sure.

TTZ450
09-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I know he doesnt have the cb and pim because pim replaces the cb..I have the pim and the fimak...

DWR270
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
The quad you are talking about in the EDT is mine and I can say the biggest improvement we have made is the Spark's big core pipe. It has allowed the motor pull farther than the others we have tried. Rath swaybar and JB swingarm doesn't hurt either.

TTZ450
09-11-2006, 03:04 PM
I CUT AN INCH AND HALF OUT OF MY FACTORY SWINGARM... IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING PRETTY WELL

TTZ450
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
HERES WHERE I TOOK OUT THE 1 1/2"

suzuki125
10-31-2006, 05:53 PM
I have shortened mine 2.5 inches and have been running up front in locale races only being beatin by Keith Little's old yfz. With it shortened it is a whole different bike at Twin Creeks.

Tastykake Kid
10-31-2006, 06:14 PM
I finally got my shortened swingarm on. I actually bought a -2" Fireball Racing arm powdercoated black. I only used it on the street. It weighs about 15lbs according to my scale at home. The stocker weighed right around 21. I also just installed my new lighter (although only slightly) 12lb CHROME swingarm. This past weekend was the first time I've riden it other than the street. It did great on our local TT track at AZSpeedway.com. I also have a Rath swaybar and a couple other things. It really is incredible the difference a shorter swingarm makes on these bikes. I might even try a -3 but as it was I had a hard time keeping the front end down when there was lots of traction. When it's dry slick it actually hooked up great. Now I need shocks. I'm going to be selling my black Fireball -2 swingarm though. Most likely on eBay unless someone here wants it.
Let's keep the LT-R TT set-up's coming in. I need all the help I can get.

race32
11-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Make sure your frame is level when sitting on it, and try 10 pounds of left rear weight. Cut the steering stops, do it on the steering stem side not the frame side.

schl48
11-03-2006, 11:08 AM
DWR270, your head was ported by ftz? what other pipes have u used. what fuel controller do u use. i've got one too and i prolly seen all your races. your bikes yellow. am i correct? seems towards the end of the year u seem faster then the beginning. we raced most of the edt starting 265c and moving to prod b. had a real decent year. rider only rode 2 strokes till i got the zukie. getting ready for next year.

race32
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Yes the head work was done by FTZ. Pipes---We have tried the Yoshimura ( ran one practice with it and never put it back on again), Then up till Ohio I ran a power pros, At and after Ohio Curtis sparks got the nod, it pulled and reved out best for my riding style. The EFI controler is the Yoshimura. We have been trying radical maps to try get it to hit harder off the corners.

2007 hopefully will get better, cause I wrote off 2006 as a learning year.

schl48
11-04-2006, 07:20 AM
same here as far as learning exprience. i got the pim also and lm-1 for checking a/f and we got it to run better second trip to kentucky. to bad that was last race as we got rained out of our local series rest of october.
i'm changing to the power comm. with this as long as the dyno people have the software it will set up a/f automaticly no human errors. i'm in ny so weather is to cold to get anything done. tuning wise. keep in touch over the winter.

Tastykake Kid
11-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Anyone have a rough idea on shock length (eye to eye) for a TT set-up? That's about the last thing I have to do and then it's ready to go. From the measurements I took with the bike strapped down with tie downs it seems that the shocks could be 1" shorter in total length. I just need to give the dimensions to the shock builder.

whoamack22
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
yo man I live in central arkansas and want to know what mx tracks are open for any riding up there