PDA

View Full Version : Front brake issues, need help

Xplocivic
09-06-2006, 07:10 PM
OK, so my front brakes felt a little weak compared to many other quads that I have ridden so I flushed them and replaced the fluid and bled them just how the manual says to do and they still feel like a sponge. The pads are pretty new still so what can I do? Here's how I bled them, tell me what I did wrong. I topped off the resivoir and capped it shut, then I squeezed the lever all the way in and held it while I opened the bleeder valve, let out a little fluid with the bubbles and closed it back up, then I let go of the lever. did it again for the other side and then topped off the fluid again at the resivoir. I can lock up the rear fine but can't even get close to locking up the fronts. Do I need to go to stainless braided lines? I'm using Belray DOT4 fluid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

exrider008
09-06-2006, 07:19 PM
mine just did the same thing. look on the caliper and see what the wear indicator is showing. my brakes were worn out and i had NO front brakes.

Xplocivic
09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
They are fine. Where can I get streamline braided lines at? I was also wondering who makes a nice adjustable brake lever?

JOEX
09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
You may need to go through the bleeding process a few more times, no need to put the cap back on each time. Just go through the smae steps until the lever is firm. Be sure to keep the res topped off.

SS lines will make a noticable difference and I belive C&D Racing sells Streamline.