PDA

View Full Version : New Apex Thread, Yipeee!

qwadfather
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks admin. I just thought it would be a neat thing to get the word out about these neat little units. Again, If I can help with managing the thread, let me know. I'm fairly knowledgeable about them and would be delighted. Ride safe everyone. Ed.

mxdad789
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
I own one of these and would like to know what is neat or good about them. I have had nothing but problems and nobody takes responsability for the junk their selling. Our machine has nothing on it that came on it except the front tires due to breaking. This weekend my 8 year old daughter that weighs 60 pounds with gear snapped the frame completely in half behind the nerf bars where the frame bends up right above the motor mounts. This is not the first time that has happened either every time being in different spots. All was gussetted by eagle chassis who is now making me a frame for this.

qwadfather
09-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Well that is certainly not the positive response I had expected for a first post! Who have you asked for help with it? I do have a hell of a time believing that the only original parts are the front tires! That's a lot of broken parts! If you want to spread ill will, at least keep your story believable. Aside from a swing arm issue and a few minor glitches on some of the initial offerings, (which have been addressed and fixed) these machines are proving to be really tough! Are you sure that we're referring to the same machine here? I track these pretty close and I've never heard of the kinds of gripes that you describe. If you want to get back with me, I'll see if I can help you somehow. In the meantime, ride safe. Ed and crew.

kasea90cc
09-13-2006, 07:55 PM
my son is also 8 and has broke just about everything also, but he still races it i just keep fixing it:D

kasea90cc
09-13-2006, 08:35 PM
quadfather I'll back what mxdad says, if you gave my 8 yearold a new out of the box apex and asked him to ride it as hard as he could it would be bent and broke in a few hours,my son knows how to ride and know the limitations of this quad ,he wins on it "alot" but i beleive im holding him back from his potential he just has to wait till i can afford a jb quad, on apexs web site they sale a gussetted frame why do you think this is? how bout braking an axle at 40mph off a jump do you think this scares dad "yup" luckily everthing hes broke has been in practice and has only broke once in a race, every time he rides i check the quad over .now the good it has great geometry it flys strait and handles good and good power its just made cheeply.

mxdad789
09-14-2006, 08:49 PM
qwadfather this quud is garbage how about i post what ive replaced plus copies of receipt and see who is telling stories. Im right you remberse me im wrong ill buy you 2 of these. where have ya watched these some local track because on the national gnc circuit where we ride you nor the apex is there making any kind of presents. If im lucky enough it will be in dirt wheels under buyer beware Readers Rides section with pictures of the frame Im going to send in. I have nothing to gain or lose by telling how bad these machines are apperently you do selling parts or selling them. I guess i would have to lie then to.

qwadfather
09-15-2006, 09:45 PM
You know, I was gonna let this one go, but bein' redneck as I am, and a tad slow, It just struck me that you're being a bit insulting. I think that's downright assinine of you. I offered to try to help, but I don't appreciate someone calling me a liar. I am known to most as the Qwadfather of Lucky7Racing.com and I believe my reputation for being a straight shooter precedes me in most mini-quad circles. We do happen to have one of these on our racing team and the little boy loves it and is doing very well with it. I've only heard of a few problems with them and those issues have been addressed as far as I know of.
BTW Kasea90, the recent releases of the Pro Mx come with gusseted frames. In fact, later releases have a lot of tweaks over the first entries, with more on the way.
Dirt wheels already reveiwed one and gave it great comments, see July issue.
At any rate, I certainly didn't come here to open a can of worms. I regret that some people have had issues with the machines. I think that much of what we hear about is par for the course when you put them through the ringer like we do. I personally like them a lot and will continue to run them and root for them. And yeah, I'm proud to say that I'm instrumental in helping dealers and racers get started with these. I'm also proud that I help folks make'em faster. That's the fun of it!
I do know one thing, all the negative whining and moaning that we do won't help a damn thing to bring about improvements to any brand name. What is needed is good, positive suggestions to help improve and make them better. Somethin' about more flies with honey, hmmm. Lol!
At any rate, ride safe all, Ed and crew.

mxdad789
09-15-2006, 11:00 PM
,qwadfather im not knocking u at all you called me out saying if im gonna tell a story make it believable. So with that in mind you never took my offer my receipts verse your money if your so proud lets do it on here with your name and rep on the line. What do you have to offer for these your pipes are just like the rest with a different sticker the best one for these is Billy Holts hand made pipe. Koso, Hetrick, Yours, and the stock one that came on these are all the same pipes. As for anything else to make them fast you buy and put them on, like i said your not running at the level we do so local yocal racing maybe they are ok. If i wanted to race and win at a local level i would by a junk red cat and go every weekend because at that level its how many ya go to not how fast are ya then wow i could be the district champ. I myself have won lorretas the last 3 years in a row in the 40 plus class Kevin Porcnich is my name look it up ive been there i know what it takes to win and these are not the machines to do it. I respect people enough to give them a honest opnion on whats good and not good but keep in mind peddling parts doesnt pay my bill so i will be honest.

quadfamily
09-16-2006, 12:46 PM
qwadfather, I don't have much of a problem with what these guys are saying. All I will say is keep it polite guys. This is what these forums are for, exchanging information, positive or negative, in an adult manner with respect to each other. This thread hasn't gotten to the point of bashing or flaming so it's fine.

QuadJunkies
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
qwadfather, I don't have much of a problem with what these guys are saying. All I will say is keep it polite guys. This is what these forums are for, exchanging information, positive or negative, in an adult manner with respect to each other. This thread hasn't gotten to the point of bashing or flaming so it's fine.

agreed.

mxhonda
09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
I guess I will add my 2 cents to this forum.

I do not own a Apex yet but I will be buying one from Ed (aka Qwadfather or lucky 7 racing) soon. Ed is a great guy to deal with. The nice thing about Ed is,even if you do not buy from him he will do his best to help you out. Try that with some of these other dealers.

Now I have heard that the earlier Apex had alot of problems. I have even seen some of these problems at the track first hand. From what I see and hear as of right now Apex is really building a great mini.

I have 4 MX race quads that my son and I built from the frame up. They are a TRX 450R,Yamaha Blaster,Kasea 90 and a Polaris Predator 50 and we will be adding a new Apex Pro MX 90 to that list very shortly. And yes,Ed has helped me several times with the minis.

qwadfather
09-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words and that terrific vote of confidence in me MxHonda. Sorry to take so long to get back to you but I had to take a few days to lick my wounds and grow some thicker skin, LOL! Holler at me on the toll free#. As always everybody...Ride Safe! Ed.

kasea90cc
10-01-2006, 07:24 PM
qwadfather just a question, what are your riders racing now? edd i dont have a beef with you but greg i do, also my son won today in 90 mod, "local track" but this are the kids that are winning all the worcs races here in the west , so you know these kids are fast, also he just raced one class because at practice saturday the frame got a new crack starting so stopped practice short and saved it for racing , i will weld it and get ready for next weekend. " glad i can weld"

qwadfather
10-01-2006, 09:12 PM
K90. Yahoo! Pat the boy on the back for us. Way to go!

"I Wish I Could Weld Too!"

My boy, Austin, is on Cody Tanner's old Trinity Kasea for now. (With a few L7R tweaks of course!) He also likes to straddle the little L7R Scrammy 50 every once in a while, still loves it too. We have 2 little girls on our team. One's on a Kasea 70 and the other rides a K90. The other 2 team riders are brothers. One rides our old Diamondback 90 (as seen in photos) and the older brother rides the Apex ProMx90 pretty much stock. All the bikes have their fair share of stoopid little problems and keep me pretty pretty busy, lol! The Apex is the least worrisome of the bunch but I suppose being almost new has something to do with that.
As far as racing goes, all we have going on is Tularosa, NM, right now and we haven't been able to make the last 2 races. I had a wreck nearly 3 months ago and ruptured 3 discs in my neck. Been a little under the weather ever since. We'll be gettin' back out there soon though.
Anyway, thanks for the reply to my thread and holler if you need me for anythin'. As always all...Ride safe. Ed.

ecmini1
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM
We also race local flat track and Mx on 2 Apex Pro mx and love the bikes, At flat track these box stock will flat run and have no problems and we have aleast 5 races at 24 Wide open laps per race and no problems. We have 2, 7 year old riders and are up and coming and most likely not as aggressive as most riders yet but soon. All I say far as a entry level racer this bike rocks.
Also Ed is a great guy a will do anything for anybody he like our self are in to this sport for fun and for the kids. Like Ed says everyone ride safe.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2006, 05:27 AM
WE race the GNCC series and alot of local east coast XC series. I've seen some of these machines there in the Nationals. They don't do very well there. It may be the rider but for most part it seems like the quad. I know for a fact and I've seen it with my own eyes. In a field section my 7 yr old on a 70cc quad that I built just blow by them.

We were looking for a new 90 for next year. I asked Michael if he would ride one of these if I built it for the 90 class. His reply "No way", There to slow,I pass them all the time they just get in my way." But like I say it may be the rider but there quads are built and look sharp.

ecmini1
10-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Again, box stock to box stock cant beat the bike for the money. Buy a kasea, eton at $2200 then just add dual arms at $1100 that dosent inclued rims tires, pipe, carb and clutch work etc. you just priced your self way pass the base price of the pro mx.
This all were saying box stock the pro mx is the best value to start racing.

Artic cat dad I want to say congrats on all of you and your sons wins good luck on the 90cc class.

Arctic Cat Dad
10-16-2006, 08:03 PM
ecmini, Thank you on the congrats. We put alot of time, money and pride into our racing. But the good lord above blessed me with 1 great little rider who has the heart of a lion. And the guts to keep it pinned all the time.

I like these Apex mini's. My buddy and I considerd building a couple for our boys. But in the extreme XC conditions for 1 full hour or more they seem to slow down in the end or break. It looks like they get hot and lose some power towards the end when you need it the most.

I agree they are much better of a quad out of the box to start with. And the price is good. I think the 07 will be alot better,they made some good changes.

Good luck to all the kids who race them! Race hard and smart but most of all keep it pinned!!

kasea90cc
10-17-2006, 06:00 PM
arctic cat dad
my son races a apex90 and iv talked alot of crap about these quads and i had to do alot of mods to get it where its at , power wise iv been accused of it being a 100cc and even 110, its a 90 and if you get it right "pipe ,porting clutch , ect they rip, price wise i could buy one every 6 mouths and do the few mods and still be cheeper than most have in there kaseas,drr's, ect, next step for us is a cobra90 or a jb 90 or even a 300ex with the new 150f motor hell he needs something faster he just turned 9 this mouth:D

Arctic Cat Dad
10-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Kasea90cc,

Please don't get me wrong. I'll never bash another riders quad. I was just pointing out some points I've seen. I agree they look like a great quad to start with. Apex is atleast trying to improve the mini's for us racers. And for that I'll praise them for that.

And I totally agree that you have to try alot of different things to get a machine perfect. We have hours of practice trying new things. It's all in the mechanic!

One other thing. If you run yours pinned for 1 hour straight in the woods will it get hot and loose power. From what I have seen they are wicked fast at the start but towards the end they seem to slow up a bit. Is the rad. big enough to keep it cool.

Good luck on the bigger quad. I believe the 150f in a 250r frame will make a wicked mini. As for the Cobra they require ALOT of work to keep them running. My friend is ready to pull all his hair out with his Cobra. For once we would like to see it finish a National. If it could with the kid that rides it they all would be in trouble. Because this mini is scary fast, and the rider is even faster,if you can keep it together for a full hour.

I know how you feel about a kid always sreaming for more power. Mine is only 8 and he needs to be off the 70. But they say he's to young for the 90 class.He races as a 7 yr old when you go by the ATVA rules.