PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever not paid an ebay fee?

derekhonda
09-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, I have bought and sold a few things off ebay. When buying, I feel like I have been screwed about 4 out of the 15 times I have used it and ebay has not helped to remedy it.

Anyways, I listed an argo on there and it was right at my minimum. Anyways, I have neglected to pay my dues to ebay of almost $80 dollars and have gotten quite a few emails about it.

I don't think I am going to use ebay anymore...what course of actions do they have against me if I do not pay? I know this is not the honest route, but I also know I am not going to lose sleep over it.

Anyone ever done what I am thinking about doing? They have already suspended my account but as stated...I simply do not care.

Opinions?

-Derek

Quad18star
09-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I bet if you read through the Legal Disclaimer .... you know that thing that everyone just skips over and clicks " Yes I agree" .... the answer would be in there .

My best guesses are that they can take legal actions against you in small claims court or just charge your credit card that you signed up with . They might also be able to report you to a credit bureau and screw up your credit for a while . :ermm:

bwamos
09-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
report you to a credit bureau and screw up your credit for a while . :ermm:

It will go on your credit record as an unpaid debt. You will not be able to get a loan, among other thing until it is resolved.

It's only $80. If you used their service.. pay the bill. It's worth a LOT more than $80 to have a good credit score.

gbcap
09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
pay the fee...you used thier service now pay for it. YOUR the reason fees keep going up.

if you don't pay it, it will be charged against your credit report if you don't pay it. it is just the same as any other debt you might owe.

derekhonda
09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
It's not so much the money, more of just my stance on the issue. Fraud is rampant, ebay does not assist when there is a problem...ect. I guess I would just like them to cancel my account because i really do not want to use it anymore, but I definately do not want a bad credit score.

That is why I am asking if anyone has ever done it, not speculations....

gbcap
09-06-2006, 11:46 AM
I missed a payment once. got a late fee, but never let it go longer then 3 weeks overdue. my email deleted the notice and never got to me.

they aren't the best with helping...but that still doesn't mean you shouldn't pay. give them thier 80 and just don't use it again. you won't be the last one not to use it anymore.

Camaroguy87132
09-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
It's not so much the money, more of just my stance on the issue. Fraud is rampant, ebay does not assist when there is a problem...ect. I guess I would just like them to cancel my account because i really do not want to use it anymore, but I definately do not want a bad credit score.

That is why I am asking if anyone has ever done it, not speculations.... if you've gotten screwed on ebay you probably don't know who to look for. i.e look for people with 97% feedback or more. And look for them to have 100+ feedback. Before i bid or buy an item i always look at the feedback and review some of the comments and i have never gotten screwed the 40 somethin times i've used it. It's probably your stupidity that got you screwed cause you bought stuff from people who aren't legit. I know a few people who have gotten screwed over on ebay. My one friend put a 500 deposit on a quad that the guy asked for, and the guy winded up being a liar about the whole thing and he didn't have a quad to sell. Ebay refunded his credit card the 500 dollars and everything turned out great.

JJ69
09-06-2006, 01:54 PM
well i tried to sell an item and someone bidded like 30$ but then never replied when the auction was over, so i refused to take the time to use my credit card and pay off the 3$.. dunno why..
they suspended my account and sent me about 30 'last notice' messages, then they just stopped emailing me.. didnt hurt my credit.. because i just took out a loan to buy my wheeler.

derekhonda
09-06-2006, 01:58 PM
I follow the same rules as you bud, definately not stupid on my end just people grossly misrepresenting their products, taking weeks to send out a product when i paid for quick shipping so I could put my truck back together...the list goes on.....

But thanks for attacking my character! :D

Camaroguy87132
09-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I follow the same rules as you bud, definately not stupid on my end just people grossly misrepresenting their products, taking weeks to send out a product when i paid for quick shipping so I could put my truck back together...the list goes on.....

But thanks for attacking my character! :D no problem, anytime

nightrider05
09-06-2006, 03:46 PM
So did the Argo sell? If so then like the others said, pay your fee. If you had a business and someone bought an item and you let them take it on trust of their good character before they paid, wouldn't you expect them to come back and pay you? I have sold many items and been scammed on a few. Ebay refunded my listing fee's in ALL cases. All you have to do in that case is report an unpaid item and they will investigate.

YZ400EX
09-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Camaroguy87132
no problem, anytime

Good feeback doesnt mean anything on ebay these days.. Have you seen how many people with "good" feedback have had their accounts hacked into scamming people to buy something from someone with "good" feedback and in return get NOTHING!! Ebay is 1 big scam.. People will go on there and sell stuff for months and have perfect feedback just that when people come along like you and see this perfect feedback, buy something from this person and get ripped off!! happens every day..dont think because someone has 97%-100% feedback that you will get the item that was described or anything at all.. The feedback rating on ebay sucks..sellers make the buyer leave feedback first so that if the item arrives like crap and they get left bad feedback they can turn around and leave you the same even though you did NOTHING wrong!! Ebay is a Joke!! dont get me wrong..I have bought and sold many many things, but I dont see how you can come off telling anyone that they are stupid.. derekhonda was only asking a question.. he isnt saying he IS or ISNT going to pay.. he was asking a simple question.. Do I think he should pay the fees?? YES.. Do I see where he is coming from on why he doesnt want to pay them?? YES!! Ebay always gets your money whether or not is was a good or bad transaction, but if its bad does Ebay help?? NO!!!!!!! Paypal is the exact same way..

Aceman
09-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't pay the fee then.....then tell us how it affected your credit a few months down the road. Somebody's got to try it once. The guy who didn't pay his $3 fee is probably looked at a little differently than not paying an $80 fee. I wouldn't care so much about 3 bucks as I would 80. You MIGHT get reported. Only one way to find out.....

If it was me I would pay it, DEFINITELY not worth tarnishing my credit score over a measly 80 bucks. What it comes down too is this, pay $80 now or take a chance at not getting a loan in the future. With most things electronic nowadays, credit can make or break you. Ability to get loans, the rate you pay on them, the price you pay for car insurance, etc. $80 might be cheaper than you think in the long run.

Camaroguy87132
09-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Don't pay the fee then.....then tell us how it affected your credit a few months down the road. Somebody's got to try it once. The guy who didn't pay his $3 fee is probably looked at a little differently than not paying an $80 fee. I wouldn't care so much about 3 bucks as I would 80. You MIGHT get reported. Only one way to find out.....

If it was me I would pay it, DEFINITELY not worth tarnishing my credit score over a measly 80 bucks. What it comes down too is this, pay $80 now or take a chance at not getting a loan in the future. With most things electronic nowadays, credit can make or break you. Ability to get loans, the rate you pay on them, the price you pay for car insurance, etc. $80 might be cheaper than you think in the long run. i agree. Stop being a ***** and just pay the god damn 80 dollars.

Pappy
09-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
Good feeback doesnt mean anything on ebay these days.. Have you seen how many people with "good" feedback have had their accounts hacked into scamming people to buy something from someone with "good" feedback and in return get NOTHING!! Ebay is 1 big scam.. People will go on there and sell stuff for months and have perfect feedback just that when people come along like you and see this perfect feedback, buy something from this person and get ripped off!! happens every day..dont think because someone has 97%-100% feedback that you will get the item that was described or anything at all.. The feedback rating on ebay sucks..sellers make the buyer leave feedback first so that if the item arrives like crap and they get left bad feedback they can turn around and leave you the same even though you did NOTHING wrong!! Ebay is a Joke!! dont get me wrong..I have bought and sold many many things, but I dont see how you can come off telling anyone that they are stupid.. derekhonda was only asking a question.. he isnt saying he IS or ISNT going to pay.. he was asking a simple question.. Do I think he should pay the fees?? YES.. Do I see where he is coming from on why he doesnt want to pay them?? YES!! Ebay always gets your money whether or not is was a good or bad transaction, but if its bad does Ebay help?? NO!!!!!!! Paypal is the exact same way..

saved me some typing

rebelbuggy
09-06-2006, 05:58 PM
make sure you really owe what you owe, my gf just found out yesterday some dude from Chinia had hacked her ebay account and she had emails saying she owed $80.00 and well guess what we did list stuff for sale but they never sold....

so she took care of it and changed her passwords and all of her email and her ebay account.. We dont use it anymore since we found out about craigslist.com and its for every state so post stuff for free and not worry about paying anyone..

turned out she only owe them the $5.00 for her virication thingsi cause she didnt have a credit card

Abrannan19
09-06-2006, 05:59 PM
if you ar buying off ebay and using paypal..USE A CREDIT CARD..if paypal wont help and neither will eBay..I guarntee you that the credit card company will...it fraud and they dont take it lighlty..I have done it twice now..I will only pay with a credit card so I have definte recourse..

i know off subject but just trying to help