PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake blockoff.

rummerd
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I am getting an 07 model, I have a couple of questions about getting this quad setup the way I like it. First off, the parking brake/clutch lever. does the standard parking brake block off plate work or does the ltr require its own design? If I get rid of the clunky stock clutch?parking brake setup is there anything esle I need to do to it? Looks like there is a sensor or something I may have to deal with. Thanks for any help.

rob-u/21
09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I used a standard block off plate on my '06 LTR. It should not be any different on the '07.

blholtz
09-07-2006, 07:30 AM
A 06 block off will work on an 07 no problem.

rummerd
09-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks, I am going to hang on to the one off my EX on the off chance it will work. Any info on the sensor wires at the parking brake/clutch lever? Can I remove that completely or just zip tie it out of the way? I would assume it kills the engine or limits the revs if the P brake is engaged.

pimpin660r
09-07-2006, 10:11 AM
The sensor doesnt let it start unless you pull the clutch, nothing to do with the parking break. It has two wires, just cut the wires and splice them together and it will eliminate it.

pimpin660r
09-07-2006, 10:18 AM
O yeah, and be careful because if you turn the key and hit the start button it will try to fire wether it is in gear or not, Yeah ive done it, standing beside it with people around and tried to start it in gear, pretty funny!

rummerd
09-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Cool, thats about what I thought. For some reason, the whole parking brake gizmo where only my clutch lever should be really bothers me. That is always my first modification on an atv is to get rid of that thing and replace it with a normal clutch. Sounds like I will be at it again!

pimpin660r
09-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah im the same way, there is a really good thread on here somewhere on how to remove the "black blob" you know on/off switch and hi/low beam switch, and replace it with just a kill switch, I did this and it works awesome. It looks really good.