PDA

View Full Version : 250R Water and Oil Mixing - Weeping hole dripping...

jarednfischer
09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
So i rebuilt my 250R, got it all running. This was a ground up tearing the case apart etc rebuild. It runs perfect except this one thing.

It starts leaking, it is mixing the water and oil together and its dripping out the weeping hole underneath the water pump cover (this is a hole underneath the water pump - not a gasket leak or anthing).

I pulled the water pump cover off, everything looks good, even replaced the whole water pump assembly again.

This leak is pretty major, meaning I cannot even ride the quad with this issue. It drains out so fast that there is no way you can ride it.

I have an O-Ringed cylinder - I suspect that the o-rings may be bad? Possibly something in the water pump?

Its something to do with where the water and oil get together - I heard that the weeping hole only leaks when there is some sort of sealing issue (hence i think it may be somewhere in the head/cylinder?

Let me know if you have any ideas, I am pulling her apart again tonight. Also any ideas where to get the cylinder bored and also where to get some good o-rings for the head?

MossboysRacing
09-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I had this same problem not too long ago. My problem was that the oil seal inside the water pump was leaking. That is the only way for oil to come out of the weep hole if that seal is bad. As for the water coming out, it sounds like the mechanical seal. They are a pain in the *** to put in, maybe it isn't seated all the way. Just my 2 cents

86 Quad R
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
it sounds as tho both the oil and mech seal are bad. you have to be very carefull not to damage either upon reinstalling them.

quick tip: lube both seals up with vaseline when going back with new.

jarednfischer
09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Should I use a gasket sealer around those to make sure that they are for sure not going to leak around the edges?