PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially stumped..need help.

300exazzkikr
08-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Ok, i am stumped beyond stumped. Right now i'm rebuilding my 250r. :D Don't worry, i'll get some before and after pics. But this is what i'm stumped about. Ok, let me try to explain this without confusion. Let me start off by saying the clutch was a little funky, so i replaced the fiber plates and steel plates, nothing, still funky. Anyway, so i got fed up and took out the clutch rod, It could be that who knows. Well i took it out and the end where the cable attatches too (left side if sitting on quad) was grinded around for about two inches. just the top layer. WHY??? This is why i am stumped, i can't figure that one out. Any performance gains by this, dunno, I need help on this one. Thanks in advance.

mxracer08
08-29-2002, 03:54 PM
sounds like someone just afro-engineered it

300exazzkikr
08-29-2002, 05:33 PM
lmao...it looks like it too. but what was the point of the "afro-engineering? I hope if i get a new one then my problem will go away.

2K1 300EX
08-29-2002, 08:27 PM
I don't know much about the clutch or if this is possible but maybe it broke and htey welded it back and grinded the slag off.

holeshot19
08-29-2002, 08:32 PM
the early model R s had a ball bearing in the end of it. it was left out or it got grinded off get a 89 clutch update kit from your honda dealer. i comes with a new pressure plate a new rod and a new bearing for the pressure plate

300exazzkikr
08-30-2002, 02:15 PM
It wasn't welded, it would be straight if it was welded. I am gonna get the update kit. BUT I have figured it out why it was grinded. The end near the clutch has a larger diameter than the other end. SO it is actually tapered. SO i guess whoever had it before me tried to make it more of a taper. WHY? i have no clue. But i'm gonna get the update kit to get rid of the "afro-engineering". Thanks.