PDA

View Full Version : Balljoints for Houser +1 LT

Aceman
09-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I need to replace the upper balljoints on my 250r Houser arms. Has anyone found a common automobile balljoint that will work? I've searched but no one has posted an auto part number for these Houser LT balljoints yet. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks in advance.

Aceman
09-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Holy Cow! Just placed an order with Houser, the uppers are $55 apiece.:eek2: I definitely need to find a cheaper alternative than that.

rooster300ex
09-06-2006, 08:19 AM
You get what you pay for when it comes to aftermarket quad parts. That is pricey as hell though. I would look into another alternative if I was you. Maybe another brand of a-arm has the same kind of ball joint.

TBD
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
I need to replace the upper balljoints on my 250r Houser arms. Has anyone found a common automobile balljoint that will work? I've searched but no one has posted an auto part number for these Houser LT balljoints yet. Anyone know anything about it? Thanks in advance.
Is the ball joint in the upper arms straight or does it have a bend in the ball joint? If it is straight and has 16mm threads then the automotive ball joint part # is ES2074R. That is a moog part # and the application is for a 80-82 Mazda B2000 tie rod end. If it is the 14mm threaded ball joint then you would need to use a VW Transporter tie rod end.

Aceman
09-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the info TBD. My quads in storage right now, so I'll find out in a couple days when I can get over to look at it. I sure hope it's a straight balljoint.