PDA

View Full Version : ATV club

K-Dub
09-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Im interested in starting an ATV club. But dont know where to start. Any one have any idea's or know some web sites with info?
We keep losing our local spots to ride, and the local sportsman club will let us ride at certain times if we join, but wont let us make new trails and they dont have very much to ride and restrict when we can, so joining there club doesnt seem like a good idea.

Scro
09-05-2006, 05:49 PM
The key to starting any kind of club is advertisement. How will people know it exist if you don't? If I were you, I would make some fliers and take them to local MX/XC events and dealerships.

Scott-300ex
09-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Flyers are a good idea, put them up around schools too.

I was thinking signs around your town with your phone number and a website name, after you make a website.

People are strong in numbers, maybe you can make some trails if you get a lot of people.

Here in IL, I can buy 500 acres, donate it to the state, they pay me back wut I bought it for and I tell them to make an off road park and they will. Go buy some land, its easy if you got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:D

K-Dub
09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Well thats the problem I dont have alot of $$$. If I did I would buy property and ride on it. I have about 25 guys I ride with regularly and probaly know close to 150 people with them in our small area. There is nowhere legal to ride around here, and people from northern ohio are coming here and buying the property up where weve been riding for 20 years or more and kicking us out(I know this is thier right once they buy it) so I want to start a club so we can buy property and have a place to ride. The is alot of state and national owned property around but we are not allowed on it. The state owned is wildlife and the national is Wayne National forrest. Now down in Athens county I believe they allow people to ride on WNF there but thats like 3 hours away from us. I know about putting up fliers, what I dont know about is starting a non profit organization (sp). I dont want to put up fliers and have people show up and the only I have to say is I want to start a club, I would like to beable to say Ive looked into it and this is what we have to do.