PDA

View Full Version : HC stage 2 and jetting help

sparky76
09-05-2006, 05:42 PM
I just put in a hotcams stage 2 cam and I need some help. My 05 only has an HRC lid, unifilter, LRD Pro4 slip on and is jetted spot on. Ever since the cam was installed and valves set, it starts and idles like crap.
What was a one kick bike now takes 3 to 4 kicks to pop and won't idle for longer than 10 to 20 seconds without dying. I can't remember my jet sizes but I will look, but the air screw is at 2 turns out, and going in or out a half turn doesn't make enough difference to keep it idling or starting descent. I have a XC race this sat. and it looks grim at the start already-thanks.

any suggestions for jetting would be appreciated-st. louis elevation

Flodies400ex
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
try turning up the idle

sparky76
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
been there done that. still starts like crap with a high idle, and to keep it idling it took way too much to seem right.

just yanked the jets-48 pilot and 175 main.

DirtDevilBT
09-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Take the cover back off and check the timing. If it jumped a tooth or set itself retarded when the tensioner was applied. Also check the shim clearances.

ghott
09-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DirtDevilBT
Take the cover back off and check the timing. If it jumped a tooth or set itself retarded when the tensioner was applied. Also check the shim clearances.

I believe I saw where he posted somewhere else that this was indeed his problem and he fixed it yesterday.

We'll see if he comes back and confirms :).