PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Or electric??

Shift_450R
09-05-2006, 04:28 PM
i've been playing for about a year with a samick electric and i learnt a lot with it, but i gave it to my bro when he moved out this weekend. Now im stuck on deciding if i want acoustic or an electric. I play a mixture of both types of music. I want to go with an acoustic because its a change but i like the sound of a crisp loud electric guitar. Anybody with both can you give me some input on which one you perfer? thanks

Ruby Soho
09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
i like both alot.

acoustic is more portable, and can sound REALLY good if its a good one.

electric is addicting, because theres no end to what you can do with it.

its really personal preference.

p.s if you decide to get an electric, you can buy acousitc pedals. some sound great

440racer66
09-05-2006, 05:12 PM
go electric i love it

CannondaleRider
09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah, it's kind of a preference thing.

Are you more of a rhythm player, or a lead?

I'm more into rhythm, so I play acoustic a lot. But i've gotten more into lead lately....but don't have a good electric to work with.:(

Shift_450R
09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Lol thats the thing i play both, from solo's to just picking/strumming songs, im leaning toward an electric now becasue i can strum/pick but it doesnt sound as good as an acoustic but then i can flick my amp on a play some riffs:)

Punk'd
09-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Really depends on the type of music you play. If you like solos and such electric all the way.

I cant live without solos or without the sound of an acoustic guitar, so I have both:D

XCpred
09-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Just get an acoustic electric and a good distortion pedal. And if you go with an acoustic get a 12 string. They sound soooo nice.

4oorider
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
there are acoustic/electric guitars out there, like it plays acoustic and you can plug it into an amp to make it electric. I forgot the name of it, but my friend has an Ibanez acoustic like that. Sounds great plugged and unplugged.

Shift_450R
09-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I would kill to get an electric acoustic, but im purchasing a brand new 450r in a week and i would rather put my money towards that:blah: needs the HRC kit and nerfs, so im goin to a pawn shop and checking out the selection...im on a tight budget right now becuase i wanna buy a car next summer too so i cant go out and spend 500$ on a guitar at the moment even though i would LOVE to trust me, but for now i have to make it work with what i have

EvilJester400EX
09-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Here's a simple solution. Buy an electric guitar of your choice and then buy a BOSS Acoustic simulator pedal. Problem solved.

Shift_450R
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
Here's a simple solution. Buy an electric guitar of your choice and then buy a BOSS Acoustic simulator pedal. Problem solved.

does it really do a good job making it sound acoustic or its alright?:ermm:

signboy
09-06-2006, 07:28 AM
here's my .02 worth. Get an acoustic because if you master the acoustic, the electric is an easy transtition. It IMO is harder to master the acoustic