PDA

View Full Version : Starter messed up? i dont know?

jeremy_283
09-05-2006, 04:17 PM
on my 400ex me battery and starter relay switch have been tested as good, but nothing like my headlights or neutral indicator lights work unless my 4 wheeler is running... occasionaly my neutral light works without it running but when i push the starter button there is a slight click and then nothing........ and the battery is still fully charged............ i applied direct voltage to my starter motor and i had to feed it the 50amp motor start and that got it going but it still didnt turn as fast as it did before this incident........ and this all happened after i was pushing that starter button in 4 a while getting my quad started....... wat do u think my problem is?

Xater
09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
it might be your starters silinoid (or however its spelled) if not make shure your battery connections are good.

brapbrap13
09-05-2006, 05:07 PM
that happened on my utilty and i replace the starter solenoid and it worked fine. before u buy something sand down ur connections like Xater said.

1fst400
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I couldent quite figure out what you had said there.

but sometimes my ex would not start. I would wiggle the subframe- chassis connection and it would fire up. So I would be on the line and wiggle and it would start.

JOEX
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Could the battery have a dead cell? I don't remember how this works, I think the battery can read as fully charged but still have a dead cell and not enough juice to start the motor:confused:

Could be a bunch of jibberish:p

JJ69
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
make sure your battery cables are tight, make sure the ground is tight, sounds like a loose wire somewhere.. are the battery terminals corroded? clean them up a bit maybe?