PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone new to the forum and own a 400ex

chucksta
09-05-2006, 11:48 AM
hi everyone i'm new to the forum and a little new to the quad scene.
i bought this 400ex back in late june used and i was wondering is it just me or is this 400ex's front arms wider than stock or is that how the newer 400ex's are setup?

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/7853/grabbedframe2pk8.png

from what i understand the previous owner did race with it and traded it in for a 450r. now that i look at it, it does seem that it might've been setup to race.
it runs awesome for what i do. i just mainly ride wheelies down a private road and drift around through the field.

underpowered
09-05-2006, 11:58 AM
if youcould get a still pic a little closer up it would help out alot.
but from there they look stock but it does look like your front wheels may be flipped around

redexrider
09-05-2006, 02:00 PM
they deffinately do look stock from that picture, but stock wheels cannot be flipped around, the valve stems will hit the brake caliper dust cover.

underpowered
09-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by redexrider
they deffinately do look stock from that picture, but stock wheels cannot be flipped around, the valve stems will hit the brake caliper dust cover.

they sure can wiha little modding. been there, done that, bad idea. All you need to do is drill a new howl on the other side for a valve stem to go through and put a valve stem in backwards (facing in towards the tire) in the origional whole. Cheap way for a wider quad but really screws up handling and ads alot of bumpsteer.