PDA

View Full Version : Burgard +2+1 a-arms, hard steering?

ringoesroadking
09-05-2006, 11:45 AM
I recently got a set of +2+1 arms for my250r. They are from burgard cycle. The were professionally installed. The mechanic who installed them told me that they are not caster adjustable. and steering effort will be increased, and will feel heavier to turn. The increased positive caster make the front tires dig into corners alot better. And the quad handles better overall. BUT they are killing me! the steering effort is so much more. I get fatigued so fast i car barely ride longer than 20 minutes on a track, before i get so cramped and arm pumped my buddy can pass me on his 440ex. WTF! I am actually slower than before the a-arms, once i get tired. They are so hard to steer, I am thinking of selling them. You guys get the same problem with +2 +1 a-arms?

Scro
09-05-2006, 12:38 PM
It will probably get easier as all the balljoints get broke in. Just let the new work itself out:D

ringoesroadking
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the advice man

rebelbanshee
09-05-2006, 08:03 PM
im not sure the balljoints breaking in will help much. I know what you mean, having a quad with too much positive castor sucks. You could machine some material off the face of the front of the bushing tubes on the upper arm and then put a spacer of equal thickness in the back. But unless you know a machinist it probably wouldnt be worth it,

BLACKeR
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
sounds like the arms are of poor design for what you do. ball joints wont affect steering. you could call burguard, but if their not adjustable your likely going to have to bulk up. machining them like rebel mentioned is probly your only option.

you mention getting them professionally instualled?! did you seriously pay someone to undo a total of 14 bolts? a-arms are a sinch, get yourself a service manuel and try doing your own work on the small stuff first, youll appreciate it in the long run. and its much more rewarding to do it yourself.