PDA

View Full Version : need help takin off my sand paddles cuz i tighten the lug nuts too tight,

ramoncito paez
09-04-2006, 11:45 PM
[SIZE=3][FONT=arial]i got the lug nuts off,,but the rim is stuck.tried using wd-40 2 take it off but not workin.
any suggestionS???
thx,ramoncito

hondamanex400
09-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Try taking a 2x4 board about two feet long, and beat on it w/ a hammer....both on the inside and the outside. It should wiggle free then.

trx400EXtreme
09-05-2006, 06:26 PM
dude, i had the same problem. i put the lugs on backwards and my paddles werent tappered. i took the lugs of and went out and rode w/o them and my tires STILL stayed on. first i coated them w/ PB blaster ( basicly wd-40 ), and beat the CRAP out of them. GOOD LUCK!

brapbrap13
09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
put two on each rim very loose. and drive a little. or at least put it on the ground and jump on it kick it, ect.

joel400ex
09-06-2006, 12:12 AM
man i had that problem a week ago and i just took the hub off the axle and took a piece of pipe and beat down on the center of the hub and a bit on the studs and it slowley worked its way out

ramoncito paez
09-06-2006, 12:28 AM
cool..cool.thx u guys
ill try what u guys said....& i also would like more suggestions from ppl who read this thread

ilpadrino113
09-06-2006, 07:18 AM
put 2 lugs on, but don't tightne them all the way. Leave about an 8th an inch between the lug and the rim. ride it around carefully, checkling to see if they had loosened up every now and then. that's what i did with my wheeler and my truck. worked fine both times.

ride red 14
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
torq wrench

ninja
09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Hilarious sand paddles probably needed flat nuts not acorn nuts have fun getting them off

ramoncito paez
09-09-2006, 11:18 AM
i switched the lugnuts backwards like ushould but i tighten the tooo much
i tried & tried yesterday but nope......imma hav 2 **** ^ the rim

ramoncito paez
09-09-2006, 05:51 PM
thanx u guys 4 all the help but **** no,,,,,,,the rim got welded 2 the 1 thing th@ goes thru the lugnut(always 4get wut its called)
cuz wen the lug nut is tight the rim,wrench,& the lug nut gets hot......fuuuck

pitchblack400
09-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Just take something and heat it up and kick it off, butane torch or something.

krt400ex
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ramoncito paez
cool..cool.thx u guys
ill try what u guys said....& i also would like more suggestions from ppl who read this thread

just be careful not to strip the threads. i did that with the 300 and it is a pain in the rear end to get the lugs off.

jokester
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I had that happen to..kinda weird this happend to so many people...anyway, I just took a rubber mallet and started beating on the backside of the tire until it broke loose! when somethings not working hit it with a hammer!!!

HIPPYHUNTER
10-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I bet this is last time you do that!!! Why do I say? Cuz I did it too. Here are the methods....2x4 and 2lb hammer, 2x4's and jacks....be very carefull here...equal clicks or pumps....go very slow.
The term "sweged" will be in your vocabulary now....as In: "You have sweged the aluminum rim material into your steel threaded lug nuts".
Have fun...dont hit the disck brake Yo!

northwest Texas
10-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding you clearly but there's a couple ways to go about this I think.

The first is you could take the hub nut off and remove both the hub and wheel together and get it on a bench where you can work on it. If you have a press you could press the hub off the wheel.

If not, take a 2x4 and a hammer and used the 2x4 as a punch and try to drive it off.

You could take a jack such as a handyman and lay it between the wheels and maybe it would break one loose, or probably bend a wheel (more likely if they're that tight) but you don't have a lot of options.

tim colston
10-16-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by HIPPYHUNTER
I bet this is last time you do that!!! Why do I say? Cuz I did it too. Here are the methods....2x4 and 2lb hammer, 2x4's and jacks....be very carefull here...equal clicks or pumps....go very slow.
The term "sweged" will be in your vocabulary now....as In: "You have sweged the aluminum rim material into your steel threaded lug nuts".
Have fun...dont hit the disck brake Yo!

best advice yet.