PDA

View Full Version : clutch lever and perch replacement

400exstunta
08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
ok so i searched the forum for like 20 mins cant find it anywhere.

i replaced my clutch lever and perch, now the quad wont start cause of those two wires that went to the clutch? do i just splice them together?

mike

NavyDMO
08-29-2002, 10:09 AM
Yes. Splice them together, isolate them with electrical tape and then shove them back in the tube covering that comes up from the steering column.

Doibugu2
08-29-2002, 10:15 AM
Two questions about this idea. I just bought and installed my renthals, and when you reinstall the black thing that has the lights and stater button, it had a little black tit that stuck out that would go into a hole in the stock bars. My renthals did not have that hole. Did you guys drill the hole or cut the tit off?

Also, on the perch do you guys like the pull better than the stock? I think the stock is a little hard to pull in my opinion. What do you guys think. Excluding hydraulic clutches, what is the best replacement?

Thanks

Pappy
08-29-2002, 10:17 AM
i also thought the stock pull was a lil hard....i switched to pep ez pull....but didnt like it much better. i finally settled on a cr clutch perch and lever. was like 15$ complete and works slick!!

Doibugu2
08-29-2002, 10:21 AM
Thanks 127.

R u still planning on coming to Hatfield next month? I really need a vacation, and cannot wait to ride my quad for 4 straight days.

What happened with those PA boys and the shirts?

Texan32
08-29-2002, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't advise drilling you new handle bars. The little "tit" you are refering to is just a locating pin. It just keeps the switch assy. from moving around. When i put my renthals onl i cut mine off. Reinstalled and tightened the switch assy. down. Hasn't moved an inch since.

I am using a MSR dominator perch for a CR 250 along with the MSR gripper levers. I REALLY like the way it pulls vs. stock!

Doibugu2
08-29-2002, 10:31 AM
Yea I cut mine off, I just wrapped some electrical tape around the bar before I put it back on. To help it from spinning. I was pretty sure I was not supposed to drill a new hole.

I think I am going to have to get a new perch since my rear brake keep sticking.

Pappy
08-29-2002, 10:47 AM
**** yes im comin to hatfield....unless i kill myself at the gncc race...lol

i keep all my levers snug on the bars...same with the black box & throttle housing...if ya do take a spill they will give a lil.

and yes i agree...get the tit outta there...lol

08-29-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 400ex127

and yes i agree...get the tit outta there...lol

Ok I"m lost what were we talkin about again..:confused:

Doibugu2
08-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Rico

Ok I"m lost what were we talkin about again..:confused:

Rico, step away from the red button:blah