PDA

View Full Version : New York State Trooper Dies Of Gunshot

CBRSLIDER
09-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Ambushed N.Y. State Trooper dies of wounds

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-amp04.html

This is the link to the story. I know we have had our differences of opinions on police officers here on this site. BUT we are currently looking for the suspected shooter, Ralph "Bucky" Phillips. He is a dangerous person and needs to be captured before someone else gets hurt and I'm not talking just police officers. He is a threat to all people regardless of how you see the whole situation, he is a threat to everyone.

It is an awful thing when a fellow officer is killed in the line of duty. The emotions when you hear of another officer killed really cuts deep. It makes you really appreciate the little things in life. Like being able to go ride your atv, helping your little boy learn to ride his own atv, seeing the smile on your wife's face when she sees her son so happy, slapping on a new set of hipers, taking a trip to the local races, bench racing with your friends. Shows you how we take advantage of so many things. Then to think about this officer and his family and how they are feeling. Really hits hard.

There is currently a $225,000 reward for information leading to his arrest. Contact 1-800-728-0697 if you have any information.
If you know of anything please contact the above number. As a law enforcement officer and an avid atv'r I ask our fellow atv'rs to help out if you know anything. Remember that something that may seem insignificant to you may actually be the missing piece to the puzzle to capture this man. I have attached photos of Phillips, so look them over and maybe you might have seen him somewhere. He has been to Tennessee and back to NY so maybe you saw him somewhere in between.

Thank you for your help. God bless Troopers Joseph Longobardo and Donald Baker Jr. And their families.

Ray

Please DO NOT turn this thread into a flame fest. If you don't like police offiers please keep it to yourself and pretend that you never read this. We can start a battle about law enforcement somewhere else. Thanks for any and all cooperation.

bluebaron
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
That sucks:(

yeah sure, sometime i think cops and ***s and such, but if you think about it, they're just doing great thing by doing their job and keeping every one safe.

I hope the Dick that did it gets caught and does some serious time!

LTZ400rider
09-04-2006, 11:46 PM
i remember the one philly cop got killed a few months ago, the killers family actually turned him in just becuz they wanted money. the funny thing is they didnt get the money becuz they didnt report it to the right people. blaahahahaha

WhiteYFZ
09-04-2006, 11:57 PM
hope they find him.. sick ppl man.. here in staten island. i cop cut a guy off or something.. and the guy just shot the cop.. :confused:

Slinky
09-05-2006, 06:53 AM
i've heard that there's been a shoot to kill notice been put on him. i dont see him doing any time, i see him being put 6ft under.

Like the other guy said, cops are out there doing a job that a lot of us wont do, they deal with more stress and stupid people in a day than any of us will deal with in a lifetime. They can be dicks, but oh well so cant the rest of us. They are people.

coolex
09-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Slinky
i've heard that there's been a shoot to kill notice been put on him. i dont see him doing any time, i see him being put 6ft under.

Like the other guy said, cops are out there doing a job that a lot of us wont do, they deal with more stress and stupid people in a day than any of us will deal with in a lifetime. They can be dicks, but oh well so cant the rest of us. They are people.

im pretty sure u cant put a shoot to kill notice on him, if hes only suspected of doing the crime

innocent until proven guilty

Nick110
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by coolex
im pretty sure u cant put a shoot to kill notice on him, if hes only suspected of doing the crime

innocent until proven guilty

Well he has escaped from prison and shot one cop for sure already and is suspected of shooting 2 others and killing one of them. There is a good chance there is a shoot to kill on him.

Last night there was an unconfirmed sighting of Bucky about 35 min away from my house.:scary:

JOEX
09-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Any more news on this?

I doubt they're allowed to put a "shoot to kill' on anyone but i'm sure there's an unofficial 'wanted: dead or alive';)

ak_stick
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Well he has escaped from prison and shot one cop for sure already and is suspected of shooting 2 others and killing one of them. There is a good chance there is a shoot to kill on him.

Last night there was an unconfirmed sighting of Bucky about 35 min away from my house.:scary:

cops dont put out "shoot to kill" notices.

Now having shot a cop they may well just cap him. But all this talk of shoot to kill notices is just hooey.

ilpadrino113
09-05-2006, 09:20 PM
I'm at school up at potsdam NY (AKA real freakin close to Canada) and bucky phillips has almost reached folk tail proportiopns up here. He just lives in the adirondacks and the mountains only to be seen when shoot cops. He's the modern day billy the kid. If he doesn't get caught soon he will reach mythical proportions around here.

CBRSLIDER
09-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Nothing new to report on this. We are still diligently searching for him. Unfortunatley he has reached folk hero status to some, why I do not know. Which in turn has led some people to assist him. My suggestion is don't get caught helping him or you will be arrested.

I would not liken him to Billy the Kid. I will keep my opinions to myself on how I feel about him, but he is no Billy the Kid.

Never heard of a "shoot to kill" notice. Been doing this line of work for 10+yrs and have never had this notice given. AND I have not heard of it being given in this investigation. I am speaking for PA, since I do not know what NY is doing. I doubt that they have such a notice either.

God bless all those involved in the search for Bucky.

Ray

Mxjunkie
09-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
i remember the one philly cop got killed a few months ago, the killers family actually turned him in just becuz they wanted money. the funny thing is they didnt get the money becuz they didnt report it to the right people. blaahahahaha

I remeber that! It was all over the new's that was one f'ed up situtation

This bucky guy isnt playing around :eek2:

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wanted_and_Missing/wanted/view.cfm?ID=b4326e30-49b6-4dc1-96b8-4e7c673ba20d

Last Seen Carrying: Subject is known to be armed with a sawed off shotgun and a .38 caliber pistol.

ilpadrino113
09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I didn't mean billy the kid as a good thing. He was one of the worst criminals in AMerican History, and bucky phillips is on his way, if not only in these parts, to reach folk hero. And ya it's stupid to help him, he's a cop killer. Good luck on catchin him is all i have to say

Nick110
09-06-2006, 12:18 PM
He also has a High power sniper riffle, Thats how he shot the 2 cops and killed one of them. Also has Night vision goggles.

Slinky
09-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by ilpadrino113
I'm at school up at potsdam NY (AKA real freakin close to Canada) and bucky phillips has almost reached folk tail proportiopns up here. He just lives in the adirondacks and the mountains only to be seen when shoot cops. He's the modern day billy the kid. If he doesn't get caught soon he will reach mythical proportions around here.
i went to school at canton...that area sucks!

Slinky
09-06-2006, 12:33 PM
i had heard the whole shoot to kill thing from a guy thats friends with a cop, so i agree with you guys its probably not true, but i'm sure a cop isnt going to hesitate to shoot him if he sees him. Not like Bucky is just going to throw his gun down if an officer asks him nicely.

CBRSLIDER
09-08-2006, 08:07 PM
********UPDATE****************************

PHILLIPS has been captured. We took him into custody tonight after a long manhunt today. What a relief for all involved. Thanks to those that supported us. I have never felt so good on this job, after we caught him and the local people were yelling and cheering us as we returned to our command post. A long hot dirty day came to a peaceful end and the icing on the cake was the wonderful reception and thanks we received from the community.

Thanks everyone.

Ray

JOEX
09-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Glad that part is over:) Kinda suprised he let you guys take him alive.

Giz400ex
09-09-2006, 06:57 AM
The thought popped in my head that he might do a suicide move versus going back to prison, I figured that he had a gun or something.:confused: Bye Bye Bucky:D

Booth440ex
09-09-2006, 10:27 AM
About time you caught him Ray i always knew PA troopers were smarter than the new york troopers

you ready to race yet?