PDA

View Full Version : rear hub bolts

Razorback
08-29-2002, 09:59 AM
i'm wondering about the bolts on the rear hubs. has anyone replaced any of these with bolts from a hardware store? according to the servicehonda website, the hub only comes as a complete package and i can't see where you can buy the bolts separately. i know they've got some sort of grooves/splines on them to adhere to the hub, but i figure you can just get some bolts to replace them.

i have something in the works to get an extra set that i need, but they don't have the bolts. also, if you know what size of bolts the replacements would be, i would greatly appreciate you passing that info along to me. thx.

Pappy
08-29-2002, 10:15 AM
are you lookin for the castle nuts? i got 2 from my honda dealer last fall......?

roostfrom250ex
08-29-2002, 12:13 PM
When i got my wheel spacers, they gave me longer bolts to use.
I had to get my studs pressed out.
The bolts don't fit too well.
They don't fit in the hub tightly and it makes it almost impossible to get the wheel centered.
You might be able to try different size bolts.
I think pressed in studs are your best bet though.

08-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Razor if your talkin about the wheel studs on the hub,,you can order 250R lugs from service honda.. Been in the same boat as you and that's what I did..there identical..

Razorback
08-29-2002, 02:02 PM
ah ha rico, the 250r lugs. that will work. that was what i was needing to know...thankee...