PDA

View Full Version : 2005 400ex a-arms

dirtgod 81
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I am looking for a set of +2 a-arms for my 05, I want to use stock shocks, I don't do a lot of big jumping so i dont want to spend money on shocks. I was looking at some on http://www.rockymountainatv.com/ then I seen the some at http://www.burgardcycle.com/ Just wondering if anybody else bought these. I was also looking at some fullflight ones on ebay that kept stock breaklines, but didnt say if I could use stock shocks of not. Thanks for the info

tp300ex
09-04-2006, 05:53 PM
not being an arse but u dont need arms if ur not going to get shocks

rooster400ex
09-04-2006, 06:04 PM
i dont think u can even use stok shox with + 2's. if u can thats gonna be a heck of a bottoming out ride. i already bottom out 20 times aday with stockers

Crazy lil punk
09-04-2006, 06:10 PM
if u dont really jump or race u dont need +2 arms, invest that money some where else in your ex

redexrider
09-04-2006, 09:01 PM
I guess I will be the one to disagree, I think the A-arms would be great for you, they increase your handling big time, even with stock shocks. And yes you can use stock shocks with +2's as long as they aren't long travel's. Any increase in handling on any quad is a GOOD thing, and can lead to better speed. I say go for it if you have the money and the want...

awsomeaussies
09-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by redexrider
I guess I will be the one to disagree, I think the A-arms would be great for you, they increase your handling big time, even with stock shocks. And yes you can use stock shocks with +2's as long as they aren't long travel's. Any increase in handling on any quad is a GOOD thing, and can lead to better speed. I say go for it if you have the money and the want...

You can use stock shocks on +2 a-arms... but you wouldn't want to:ermm: Unless you weight about 120-130 pounds the shocks will be way to soft for you;)

dirtgod 81
09-05-2006, 08:15 AM
I have my shocks set at factory level, and have never bottomed out with them. I want better handling on my quad, i cant even slide around a corner with out the bike trying to tip over. I got an axle on order, and now need to widen the front. I am no crazy about spacers, so I wanted a-arms. My buddy has a 400ex like mine and he put spacers on it, and it slide around the corner like a dream. So all I wana do is widen my quad.

rooster300ex
09-05-2006, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by dirtgod 81
I have my shocks set at factory level, and have never bottomed out with them. I want better handling on my quad, i cant even slide around a corner with out the bike trying to tip over. I got an axle on order, and now need to widen the front. I am no crazy about spacers, so I wanted a-arms. My buddy has a 400ex like mine and he put spacers on it, and it slide around the corner like a dream. So all I wana do is widen my quad.

Thats a damn good reason to get wider a-arms. Since I put my new arms and axle on. I can powerslide all over the place.