PDA

View Full Version : Quiet core for e-series

flauge
09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Have any of yall tried this on your e-series.. Heres the link
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=6844&navTitle=Exhaust&pageLinkUri=&webCatId=18&vehicleType=&priceRange=allPrices&webTypeId=51&brandId=311&navType=type
Does it make a big difference in making it quieter? If it does i think im gonna get my eseries back.

400eXr1d3rZ
09-04-2006, 03:53 PM
E-series have discs for a reason :p

flauge
09-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Haha. I know but even when i had only 4 discs on it, it was still pretty dang loud.Louder than i figured it would be. :scary:

400eXr1d3rZ
09-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Leave 2 in there. I had only the plate left in there once, its too quiet.

flauge
09-04-2006, 05:01 PM
just the plate by itself? i bet it had a lil bit of backpressure:eek: i was thinking tho, if u put that quiet core in with like 4 discs i wonder if it would flow better than 2 discs w/o the quiet core?

zrpilot
09-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I have a quiet core and I'm glad. I'm running 12 discs, and with the quiet core it took alot of the "crackle" out of the exhaust. IT still has a nice e-series rumble but not so much until you really get into it!

I'd do it again for $40 bucks... it does not PO the wife and scare the kids with it!

Hey, how did that GT Thunder link work for you? You never got back to us?

flauge
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Thats what im looking for, to take out some of the rasp that its got.! Just kinda mellow it out a bit:cool:
I almost forgot to tell yall about the link. Thats probably the best thing i bought for my bike yet! Almost all of the bucking is gone! Now i get to where i look for bumps to hit to see if itll soak it up.lol
It handles different too.. its feels like it has better turn in on curves, hooks up better also,i guess cause the back aint boucning around all the time,huh?:p
Thanks zrpilot!:D Now i just have to get my rear shock revalved sometime cause its alot softer with the link now. i havent bottomed it out yet tho, but im not a real hard rider and i dont take too big of jumps. Anyways , everybody should get one of these!

Honda#4
09-05-2006, 11:18 AM
i just have the SA in and thats quiet enough for me. im running 4 discs right now and its somewhat quiet but i do notice a increase in sound from 4 to 6 discs. I was thinkin of buying that Snuff ur Not endcap to see how loud that thing is anyone try that.

flauge
09-06-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4
i just have the SA in and thats quiet enough for me. im running 4 discs right now and its somewhat quiet but i do notice a increase in sound from 4 to 6 discs. I was thinkin of buying that Snuff ur Not endcap to see how loud that thing is anyone try that. A snuff endcap?Aint heard of that one:huh