PDA

View Full Version : Dynojet question 450r please help

smc967
09-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Hi, I bought a dynojet kit for a 2006 450r (Q118.001 2006 honda TRX450R Stage 2)

I have bought a K&N and also an endcap for the stock exhaust, I plan on running with the airbox lid off.

I need to rejet the bike, on looking at my dynojet kit at the jets included i have the following main jets on the parts list:
Main Jet CJ116
Main jet CJ120
Main jet CJ124
Main jet CJ128
Main jet CJ132
Main jet CJ136
Main jet CJ140

on looking at other peoples posts they seam to use "185 main jet", my kit only has 140? will this be suffient? in the instructions it says to install CJ128 main jet?

please tell me if this kit has the right jets to work correctly with the modifications that I am going to do.

has anybody installed a kit the same as this one?

thanks

Sean

GPracer2500
09-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm not a fan of Dynojet jet kits in general, but I really dislike the kit for the 06' 450r. Their kit is simply not compatable with running no airbox lid.

The 06' either needs a significantly modified airbox or the lid removed alltogether (as it is in HRC trim) to run in it's fully "uncorked" state.

Sell the Dynojet kit and use Keihin jets. If you want to use the Dynojet kit with the lid off you'll have to find some Dynojet jets up in the 165+ range.

Dynojet jets and Keihin jets are NOT on the same scale--you can't make direct comparisons between them. You can make approximations between them but there is no X=Y conversion that's perfectly accurate.

smc967
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
who makes a good jet kit that I can order online for this bike that will have all that I need to jet the bike? thanks

F-16Guy
09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Do some searching on this site to see what other people are running with similar mods, and then buy that jet and a couple on either side of it. "Kits" are a rip off. Why not just buy the jets you really need for a few bucks a piece? I can buy a LOT of Kehin jets for $60!!

GPracer2500
09-04-2006, 12:45 PM
What he said :rolleyes: .

Also, I would get the Honda jetting that comes with the HRC kit. You don't have to get the whole kit--there are seperate part numbers for just the jetting portion. Pretty sure it only comes with one main jet (a K185) but it's the needle and a leak jet that you're really after. Main jets you can get anywhere--the needle and leak are tougher to come by.

ETA: if you search around the web you can find the HRC kit broken down by part numbers (make sure you're looking at the 06 kit--not the 04/05 kit). Your dealer might be clueless about what your after so it's best to just find the part number yourself.