PDA

View Full Version : Ups Horror Story :(

firefighterjosh
09-04-2006, 03:33 AM
I am new to the buying and selling of parts, and I am trying really hard to make ppl happy. well I shipped a 80lb engine through UPS. I gave the buyer a trcking number blah blah blah and I decided well I will track the parts too.
The Tracking number said billing info recived nothing else. I call UPS I spoke with Cindy and she said it would be delivered 9/1. She said the website just wastn't updated. Ok 9/2 comes around and I get a email from the person who bought my engine. asking "were is my parts". grrrrr I was like. I called UPS they say we never picked up a part from the UPS store. I called the UPS store and they said it was picked up. About 1 hour later the UPS store calls me and says your part is LOST!!!! I am like OMG. If the cops come to my house because someone thinks I am not shipping parts to them I am going to be one mad MOFO. How do you loose a 80lb Engine???

GRRRR Thanks
If anyone wants to follow it process here is the trcking number:
1ZAE71987264409915
UPS Number: 800-742-5877
Store I shipped it from number:260-432-4747
or
www.ups.com

trick250r
09-04-2006, 05:55 AM
dude, thats complete BS. you cant misplace an 80 pound engine :grr:

Warnerade
09-04-2006, 07:00 AM
Relax. If the person thinks you ripped him off, tell him to call ups and track the item for himself. You have the proper information to prove that you shipped it and that UPS lost it. Not your fault, could be considered not your problem either...but just do whatever you can to make it go as smooth as possible if you want to continue to sell parts.

Latemodel32
09-04-2006, 07:06 AM
You did insure the motor correct ?

AtvMxRider
09-04-2006, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
Relax. If the person thinks you ripped him off, tell him to call ups and track the item for himself. You have the proper information to prove that you shipped it and that UPS lost it. Not your fault, could be considered not your problem either...but just do whatever you can to make it go as smooth as possible if you want to continue to sell parts.

Exactly. You did have insuarance on it didn't you?

Abrannan19
09-04-2006, 07:07 AM
hopefully you insured it...:ermm:

fasterblaster09
09-04-2006, 08:41 AM
about the insurance thing... alot of buyers just say "hey it'll never happen to me, no use of spending the extra money"

broke
09-04-2006, 10:27 AM
I buy and sell alot of parts on Ebay and through different boards. These kind fo things happen, but the parts "sometimes" do appear after an insane amount of time. I always give the buyer the option to insure it, some do it, some don't. If they choose to not get it, I inform them that it's fine with me, but once the item has left my hands they are responsible for it. Most of the time for bigger, more expensive items, I don't give them the option, if they buy from me insurance is mandatory. It just saves everyone a lot of headaches and I turn the cost around on to the buyer anyway.

Keep on UPS. They tend to find things quicker when they are dealing with someone that can potentially become a major thorn in their side.

416exmx
09-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Even if it was insured you will have a fun time getting them to pay. I beat around with them for 6mos before I finally collected a check. They give you the run around and transfer your calls and try to get you to just forget about it. It was a 400ex engine they damaged. I refunded the customer as soon as he contacted me about the damage, so he was happy.

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 09:17 AM
YesI insured it and yes I emailed the guy the with the phone numbers I called and what they said. But he never email me bacl :confused: and its been a while. so I dunno. They were alrady beating me around the bush but I work for a company called UPS - SCS which is a branch off UPS BRown so I have some other ways to get ahold of my parts:grr: :mad: