PDA

View Full Version : Powerline Park GNCC

trict_out
09-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Time to pop my cherry...after a few years of on and off harescrambling im gonna give this one a shot. How difficult are they? I think im gonna run B class. I put on a strong ride this weekend taking eigth overall behind 4 or 5 pros, i think im becomin a smarter, more consistent, but also fast rider.

450robot
09-03-2006, 11:35 PM
powerline park is one of the more timid races, alot of winding up/downhill sections, and whoopy straights

its a lil' worse with rain, alot of the lower woods sections flood, and provide many a mud bog sections

if this is your first gncc race (or crosscountry race) just go in first year racer, or c class. gncc is a bit tougher than you think

trick250r
09-04-2006, 06:10 AM
im racing this year... i was supposed to have a band comp last year but it got cancelled so i got to watch. to make a long story short, me and my bros ended up pushing a guy from GA up this hill bc his quad broke down. good times.

KWAD GAWD
09-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Can u do two hours?
If so, and you're a smart racer you'll be fine. Make finishing your goal, not going fast.
Ride a consistant race, avoid getting suck as much as possible, be patient when necessary and finish the race.
Powerline Park is mild compared to most others, usually muddy every year so be prepared. You'll be ok, no worries.

Maybe ride the age appropriate C class for your first race, you'll be more confident too. Plus you can watch the Pro go in the afternoon :)