PDA

View Full Version : speed shiftin

blaster77
09-03-2006, 09:22 PM
how hard is shiftin without the clutch on your bike if you no how to do it rite what i mean go threw the grear with out grabin it ic alot of people doin it but how haard is it really on your bike

gopeddin400EX
09-04-2006, 12:58 AM
your question is kinda confusing. but when i do wheelies i just shift while the front tires are in the air. It isnt hard i guess.

firefighterjosh
09-04-2006, 02:04 AM
R u trying to shift fast when drag racing?

It is very hard on your tranny when you do not use the clutch when the engine is revved.

To speed Shift/Power Shift. This is what you do.

When on the gas full throttle pull in the clutch and shift. But do it as fast as you can. Seems hard, but it isn't you just gatta get fast.

rooster300ex
09-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Thats what I do when I speed shift. I don't do it much though. My quad does better when I shift it right, but really fast.

JJ69
09-05-2006, 11:17 AM
i can shift my 250x just like an old big red. i dont even need the clutch and it works fine.. but i do use it just in case.
i'm beginning to master the speed shift, i go from full to about half throttle, pull the clutch and shift and give er full throttle again.. the ol 250 will take off pretty darn quick.

Toadz400
09-05-2006, 11:34 PM
If you are doing it right, it won't cause any harm at all. Chances are you aren't doing it right, but over time you'll get the hang of it and should be able to "speed shift" with no consequences to the engine.