PDA

View Full Version : bike or quad track i need imput asap

yfzracer101
09-03-2006, 08:58 PM
i know this is a quad site but i need some imput to help out this arguement. what whould be easyer a bike to adjust to a quad track or a quad to a bike track.
a bunch of bike guys are argueing that they got to deal with quad tracks so us quad guys should just deal with it

TRX23rider
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
i personally think it is harder to ride a quad on a bike track. all the jumps are right out of turns and they seem to have steeper landings. there are some tracks that have the perfect combonation and are great for bikes and quads.

Scro
09-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I hear bike guys complaining that quads are messing up their berms all the time. I've never ridden a dirt bike so I'm no expert, but if you need a berm to ride a bike, you shouldn't be on the damn thing in the first place.

Phills450r
09-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Scro
I hear bike guys complaining that quads are messing up their berms all the time. I've never ridden a dirt bike so I'm no expert, but if you need a berm to ride a bike, you shouldn't be on the damn thing in the first place.

same... all the tracks around here are more dirtbike friendly.

Me and my friend will be driving up to breezewood for sure next summer

firefighterjosh
09-05-2006, 10:30 PM
It is easier for a bike to adapt to a quad track. All my friends who ride bikes say they like to use the quads ruts as berms.

If you talk to some old school bike racers they didn't have berms and had to lay it down without one. Wimpy Bike riders;)

geogeorge
09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Depends on what your asking.

A bike guy can ride a quad MX track easyer then a Quad can ride a Bike MX track. There is no debate about it.

Now if the track is groomed right there should be few ruts for the Bike guys or the quad guys.

As for brems. I see them on both Quad and Bike tracks. I even use the brems on the quad tracks to try and keep my speed up. Some guys like to take the inside line I like the out side.

450RGNCC
09-06-2006, 09:12 PM
If a dirtbike rider complains that it is hard to ride on a quad track, then I do not see how they would be able to ride on a real dirt bike track in the first place.

TrapZ400
09-16-2006, 08:01 PM
The dirtbikers in my area dont like quads because they smooth out the corners and ruin there ruts. There trying to ban quads from racing in my area.

dixie1
09-17-2006, 07:14 AM
From 1st hand experience...Bike tracks suck for quads,unless they are groomed b4 the quads go out (which doesnt happen for amatuers)...bike ruts on the face of jumps will scare the crap out of you, and the braking and accel bumps that form form from the bikes will shake your kidneys loose...
bike guys complain about the berms getting pushed out,but if they know how to ride it shouldn't be a problem. Now when its real muddy,the bike guys love the quads to go out 1st to push the mud off the track..