PDA

View Full Version : 450r?

z400rida44
09-03-2006, 04:07 PM
alright i have been thinking about maybe trading my yfz for a 450r for a while now but im just not sure if i should or not. the reason i would trade is for the more comfort and room. right now i just ride trails but i am wanting to try out the track and some harescrambles pretty soon. i love the handling and power of the yfz but i feel pretty cramped because i am 6'2'' and still growing . i was thinking of just getting an extended steering stem for it but i dont know if i am going to still feel cramped on it. i also noticed when i went to a local harescramble that the 450rs outnumbered the yfzs 3 to 1. are the 450rs better woods racers? so my question is do u think i should trade or not. i have never rode a 450r but have heard thier very comfortable. however i dont know if they have enough power and how the handling is on them. sorry for all this rambling i am just really confused.

ckasper18
09-03-2006, 04:48 PM
There both great bikes i prefer the Honda

lumi
09-03-2006, 04:55 PM
im 6'1" 250 pounds and i have a 06 450r. i do xc racing, trail and woods riding. i feel that the 06 has great torque for the woods and hills, very roomy, and lights dont shut off when the engine does which is a big plus when in the woods at night in the middle of no where. the 04 and 05 trx seem to have a high gearing for people who slow ride trails and woods but i would go for a smaller sprocket, but 06 trx is great. also its not the first place baja 1000 winner for nothing. also took 8 out of the 10 spots at the baja, so people trust honda for long offroad trips. juust my .2 cents

-lumi