PDA

View Full Version : getting rid of my yfz?

z400rida44
09-03-2006, 04:05 PM
alright i have been thinking about maybe trading my yfz for a 450r for a while now but im just not sure if i should or not. the reason i would trade is for the more comfort and room. right now i just ride trails but i am wanting to try out the track and some harescrambles pretty soon. i love the handling and power of the yfz but i feel pretty cramped because i am 6'2''. i was thinking of just getting an extended steering stem for it but i dont know if i am going to still feel cramped on it. i also noticed when i went to a local harescramble that the 450rs outnumbered the yfzs 3 to 1. are the 450rs better woods racers? so my question is do u think i should trade or not. i have never rode a 450r but have heard thier very comfortable. however i dont know if they have enough power and how the handling is on them. sorry for all this rambling i am just really confused.

FoxRacing81
09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by z400rida44
alright i have been thinking about maybe trading my yfz for a 450r for a while now but im just not sure if i should or not. the reason i would trade is for the more comfort and room. right now i just ride trails but i am wanting to try out the track and some harescrambles pretty soon. i love the handling and power of the yfz but i feel pretty cramped because i am 6'2''. i was thinking of just getting an extended steering stem for it but i dont know if i am going to still feel cramped on it. i also noticed when i went to a local harescramble that the 450rs outnumbered the yfzs 3 to 1. are the 450rs better woods racers? so my question is do u think i should trade or not. i have never rode a 450r but have heard thier very comfortable. however i dont know if they have enough power and how the handling is on them. sorry for all this rambling i am just really confused.

I am 6'4 on my YFZ...and I have rode my buddies 450r for a long time. The difference between them is night and day....I like the YFZ that much better.

All I did was get a set of Renthal Banshee Bend bars just so the thumb throttle wouldn't hit my knee, and I love it. The quad is so small and light...I love being able to just throw it around...

I don't feel comfortable on a 450r at all. I just rode my buddies 450r the other day...I couldn't get used to it at all...so weird...

So, I would definatly try the taller stem before trading.

tye101
09-04-2006, 04:32 AM
i am 6'10 on a yfz,, i have rode the 450r,, and i wouldn't trade

crayfz
09-04-2006, 08:21 AM
I would hate to confuse you more, but I would try someones Raptor, before I went to a 450R, just a thought.

pimpinyfz450
09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
hey man i think you should just go ahead and get a new stem prolly sum high bars like maybe fly bars or sumtin you dont really want to get rid of the yfz man they r the best you will go by anything on a track .sure 450r 's are more populair but the yfz out performs them.idk man i guess the question is do you really wanna risk performance for comfort ?if your just gonna trail ride and stuff like that than yeah go for it but if your gonna compete i say hell no dont do it ...........

z400rida44
09-06-2006, 06:10 PM
yea man i know what u guys are saying. stock bike for stock bike i wouldnt trade because i love my yfzs power and handling. thats why i got it. i do like the hondas comfort better but i am willing to sacrifice comfort for performance. the reason why i am struggling is that i have been offered a trade for a modded 450r. it has like a pipe, a-arms,extended swingarm, wheels, tires, handlebars, and some other stuff. i am just wondering if i would be more happy on this. i think now i am more interested in motocross. not racing but just going to the track and riding hard and having fun. i just wonder if the honda would make me more happy.

Toadz400
09-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by z400rida44
yea man i know what u guys are saying. stock bike for stock bike i wouldnt trade because i love my yfzs power and handling. thats why i got it. i do like the hondas comfort better but i am willing to sacrifice comfort for performance. the reason why i am struggling is that i have been offered a trade for a modded 450r. it has like a pipe, a-arms,extended swingarm, wheels, tires, handlebars, and some other stuff. i am just wondering if i would be more happy on this. i think now i am more interested in motocross. not racing but just going to the track and riding hard and having fun. i just wonder if the honda would make me more happy.

If it's set up the way that you want it then by all means do the trade. The power difference isn't that big of a deal as the rider makes up more the race/ride than the engine.

cchrider
09-06-2006, 10:05 PM
I love my yfz. I have rode some 450r's and I also like them. But I added a houser +2 stem and it made a HUGE difference. Add that and get some different bars, you can also get the -1 pegs or whatever.

SPECTECH
09-08-2006, 06:16 AM
I have a 05 yfz and a 06 450er i like my yfz alot more.

infantry317
09-08-2006, 10:48 AM
I've had both, YFZ hands down. 6'1" tall with +1 stem and Gpr stabilizer that also adds height. Also get propegs with lower pegs.